Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The age old question - are you too old?

The age old question - are you too old?

Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice
Default The age old question - are you too old?

From those that have made it to those that are going back. Did age have an effect on the outcome? Perhaps supply your age when applied, when entered, when settled in a job, and maybe when the decision was made to call it a day. Is emigrating just for the 30 something professional, or the student with knowledge of the country, or the 20 something with a yearning for adventure? OR the 40+ something (Like me) looking for a new start.

(Sorry to have left us out!)

Last edited by SANDRAPAUL; Sep 5th 2004 at 10:30 am.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:25 am
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The age old question - are you too old?

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
From those that have made it to those that are going back. Did age have an effect on the outcome? Perhaps supply your age when applied, when entered, when settled in a job, and maybe when the decision was made to call it a day. Is emigrating just for the 30 something professional, or the student with knowledge of the country, or the 20 something with a yearning for adventure?

And what about us 40+ ers????
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandrapaul,

My husband asked me the same question. I think age should have nothing to do with it. You should just go for it whatever age you are!

Take care
Diane

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
From those that have made it to those that are going back. Did age have an effect on the outcome? Perhaps supply your age when applied, when entered, when settled in a job, and maybe when the decision was made to call it a day. Is emigrating just for the 30 something professional, or the student with knowledge of the country, or the 20 something with a yearning for adventure? OR the 40+ something (Like me) looking for a new start.

(Sorry to have left us out!)
Old Sep 5th 2004, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Having lived half of my live (I'm 40 now) in one country (Netherlands) I realised that there must be more under the sun than crowded roads and agressiveness everywhere in my home country.
And having relatives in Canada made me decide to spend the second half of my live over there. Easy as that!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Talking Re: The age old question - are you too old?

Originally Posted by Toontje
Having lived half of my live (I'm 40 now) in one country (Netherlands) I realised that there must be more under the sun than crowded roads and agressiveness everywhere in my home country.
And having relatives in Canada made me decide to spend the second half of my live over there. Easy as that!
40 - my god - you're really over the hill - don't they put people that age in "old age homes" because they start to fall apart?

Gee I don't know if we can afford to have another senior citizen in Canada - mor drain on the social security fund!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry! I won't fall apart, I'm all wrapped up with adhesive tape.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gee...I hope it's the "extra strength" type of tape!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 5:23 pm
squarepants

Adhesive? Try duct tape for size and intensity

Old Sep 5th 2004, 6:58 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Afraid that I too am the same age as Toontje, but in my case plenty of layers of fat hold me together. I bet Canada can't wait to see me again!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Afraid that I too am the same age as Toontje, but in my case plenty of layers of fat hold me together. I bet Canada can't wait to see me again!
A little insulation for the winter never hurt anyone! This is something I have been working on steadily since arriving all those years ago. Of course the "twofour" and the standard huge size of bags of chips (crisps) help no end in building up some blubber!

Age is just a state of mind. If you think you're too old you probably are, but if you think you arent, then you're not.

Cheers

Iain

Last edited by iaink; Sep 5th 2004 at 7:06 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:07 pm
squarepants

Twofour ( cans of beer ) and bags of chips, aren't you worried about your waistline? :scared:

Originally Posted by iaink
A little insulation for the winter never hurt anyone! This is something I have been working on steadily since arriving all those years ago. Of course the "twofour" and the standard huge size of bags of chips (crisps) help no end in building up some blubber!

Cheers

Iain

Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squarepants
Twofour ( cans of beer ) and bags of chips, aren't you worried about your waistline? :scared:
Obviously not. Why are you worried about my wasteline??

Bottles not cans, but your forgiven as you dont drink
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's called "comfort food".....women know all about it.....mine - chocolate!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Age is just a state of mind. If you think you're too old you probably are, but if you think you arent, then you're not.

Cheers

Iain
Everyone living in Ontario needs a little insulation to get through those cold winters!!!!!
Old Sep 5th 2004, 7:21 pm
squarepants

Am not dude, I just thought it might be difficult mountain biking with a big belly. I won't know of course

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.