Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

After nearly 2 years on the market..............

Wikiposts

After nearly 2 years on the market..............

Old May 20th 2008, 8:21 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: After nearly 2 years on the market..............

Fingers crossed for you as well

We went with what the agent said and neally a year later we are still here, now a drop of 30k and we have two couples who want it
one who will pay the price and one who want 15k off, im going nuts at the moment, really testing times and buyers are really being cheeky at the moment in the uk :curse::curse:

Gill
Old May 20th 2008, 8:30 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Yes fingers crossed too for you.

I know how you feel, i have only had my place on market a month, (on market for £93.995) It is a really nice one bedroom house, so would have thought it would be ideal for first time buyer or someone? but only had one offer from a lady who wanted to buy to let, she wanted it for £87.500, which is around £6000 less. I said no, as it had not been for sale very long (only 24 hours when she made offer). I keep thinking maybe i should have accepted her offer, as i would at least have peace of mind, but too late now.

This would have sold a few months ago at this price, but now no one is buying or letting at moment - market gone completely flat.

So good luck with yours and i hope it completes, as this country's rules are so stupid when it comes to buyers being able to put in offers and then pull out at any time. Keep hoping...

Emmjay
Old May 20th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you!
Old May 20th 2008, 8:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed! We ended up with a bidding war on our last house and it sold for £9k over the asking price - although admittedly that was in 2003!! But hope you might get more for it if there are two parties interested.

Best of luck!
Old May 20th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Yep in the same vein as a few others (and to give those waiting some hope) we had an offer on our house last week.

Well to be honest we dropped it to offers over £215k, then some cheeky mare put in an offer of £190k.

We retaliated (sorry counter offered!) at £205k and they went away to think about it (well we know its below what we reduced it to but whats the point in holding out for more if its not gonna sell!).

They rebooked a 2nd viewing for this Thursday

Subsequently a second person found out that the property was under negotiation and booked to view it Wednesday! The estate agent obviously told the first couple who have now moved their viewing to 2 hours earlier than the 2nd couple on Wednesday morning!!!

Holy crap after nearly 2 years of being on the market can't believe whats going to go on tomorrow morning - and by the time we get up it will all be over
Hey MMC!!!

Great news - finally something is happening!

I'm now set on renting it as I don't want to sell for less that it's been valued at. Also - It will be a good asset in a few years when the market has changed and I'll look to sell it then.

Bxx
Old May 20th 2008, 10:07 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh, good luck. Only just managed to log on here in work, so you probably have had a viewing by now.

Keep us posted with the outcome.

Karen
Old May 21st 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

snakebite will become famous soon enoughsnakebite will become famous soon enough

great to see some positive news.
Mine's been on the market a relatively short time, only 6 weeks, but we've already dropped from suggested value £435k to £399k. Had one viewing by professional house hunters (you know the type:curse
Really getting down, as I've got a job and LMO waiting in Toronto, and I know he won't wait forever
good luck everyone

Nick
Old May 21st 2008, 1:32 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Just called the agent - the first couple are still there looking - aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh - don't think I can take this much longer!!!!!
Old May 21st 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

wow! i knew it was tough selling a place over there..but i didnt realise it was that tough.

why is it like that..??

and i truly wish all of you the best in your house selling..i think it is one of the top on the list for a stress factor!!!! and if it shouldn't,...it should be! i have been there and done it a few times...but now realise it was nothing compared to the wait and the angst you guys have been going through.

best of luck!! to you all.
Old May 21st 2008, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
one who will pay the price and one who want 15k off, im going nuts at the moment, really testing times and buyers are really being cheeky at the moment in the uk :curse::curse:

Gill
I don't think it's cheeky...more realistic and quite brave really even to offer...

Imagine if you were looking to buy a house in Canada now and it was really hard to get a mortgage and the papers are screaming about how if you buy now, you will lose money, wouldn't you consider putting in a lower offer?

Why should a buyer take the chance of losing a large amount of money, possibly when they have no equity, when they can just offer less?
Old May 21st 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
wow! i knew it was tough selling a place over there..but i didnt realise it was that tough.

why is it like that..??

and i truly wish all of you the best in your house selling..i think it is one of the top on the list for a stress factor!!!! and if it shouldn't,...it should be! i have been there and done it a few times...but now realise it was nothing compared to the wait and the angst you guys have been going through.

best of luck!! to you all.
The banks have stopped lending to protect their capital reserves....the UK market is based on people borrowing lots to fund buying a house and therefore, fewer mortgages, fewer buyers, vicious circle resulting in prices dropping as sellers chase buyers. Banks then worry about negative equity and are less happy to lend....repeat.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about254 has a spectacular aura about

Just called the agent - the first couple are still there looking - aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh - don't think I can take this much longer!!!!!
any news??

hope you get an offer more than the £190k!

We had ours on for £222k... 3 drops and it was down to offers over £195k... we've accepted £180k as they're chain free and we just want to shift it... fingers crossed.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old May 21st 2008, 11:00 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well??? Any news? Fingers crossed for you babe....
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:26 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Just called the estate agent, they said the couple that put in the first stupid offer are frantically looking around for mortgages and will get back to us in a couple of days. ie they won't get the full mortgage and will come in at a reduced price - arse arse arse

The other woman they just said was very interested. WTF does that mean I'll tell you what it means, she'll disappear into the house hunting ether never to be seen again :curse:

B******s

I'm going to live in a tent in the middle of the praries, i'm sick of all this hassle
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:40 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Just called the estate agent, they said the couple that put in the first stupid offer are frantically looking around for mortgages and will get back to us in a couple of days. ie they won't get the full mortgage and will come in at a reduced price - arse arse arse

The other woman they just said was very interested. WTF does that mean I'll tell you what it means, she'll disappear into the house hunting ether never to be seen again :curse:

B******s

I'm going to live in a tent in the middle of the praries, i'm sick of all this hassle
Flippin heck, what a pain! Hopefully the first couple will manage to sort themselves out with a mortgage and offer you a sensible price. However, the second lady may just shock you.

Fingers, arms and legs crossed. Karma sent.

Karen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.