Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on Winnipeg

Advice on Winnipeg

Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:18 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Winnipeg

Surprisingly they are not all Italian. restaurants

so some one pick a time and place and see who turns up. The one that knows a good place to pick 1st.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:25 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grah
Surprisingly they are not all Italian. restaurants

so some one pick a time and place and see who turns up. The one that knows a good place to pick 1st.
I don't go out too much but a pub might be the best type of place for a meet.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 2:44 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

What about the revolving tower bar at the back of the Fort Garry Hotel?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:27 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
What about the revolving tower bar at the back of the Fort Garry Hotel?
Sounds good to me...never been there is the bar actually in the revolving tower? also any idea on when?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Damn I wish I was back in the Peg, would be lovely to meet up with you guys. I hope Raj and Indy get access to the internet so they can see all these messages and meet up with you all

Have fun anyway, have one on me
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:49 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Sounds good to me...never been there is the bar actually in the revolving tower? also any idea on when?
Yes,

Two parts revolve the Bar on the very top and the restaurant, takes about 1.25 to complete aturn.

How about Tuesday ?

Skyview Lounge (Revolving Lounge) after 5pm?

31st floor
Phone204)947-1990
Hours:

Mon-Sat: 3:30pm-11:00pm
Sunday: 3:30pm-8:30pm
*All closing times based on last reservation taken*

or

Royal Crown Revolving Restaurant

30th floor, 83 Garry St. (in the Fort Garry Place)
Phone204)947-1990
Hours:

-LUNCH- 11:30am-2:00pm Mon-Sat
-DINNER- 5:00pm-9:00pm Mon-Sat
-SUNDAY- 9:30am-2:30pm, 5:00-8:30pm
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:54 pm
Banned

Yes,

Two parts revolve the Bar on the very top and the restaurant, takes about 1.25 to complete aturn.

How about Tuesday ?

Skyview Lounge (Revolving Lounge) after 5pm?

31st floor
Phone204)947-1990
Hours:

*All closing times based on last reservation taken*

or

Royal Crown Revolving Restaurant

30th floor, 83 Garry St. (in the Fort Garry Place)
Phone204)947-1990
Hours:

-LUNCH- 11:30am-2:00pm Mon-Sat
-DINNER- 5:00pm-9:00pm Mon-Sat
-SUNDAY- 9:30am-2:30pm, 5:00-8:30pm
I personally would go with the lounge because it will be a bit more relaxed...

As for Tuesday is this not the day they fly in?

I don't know if they will be up for it after flying for most of the day? Not too sure though!!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

did you know Wpeg has more resturants per resident than any other city
Weve just bought a house 20mins south of the peg,Niverville which is booming at the mo,. Prices way cheaper than within the perimeter
As to the -40c winters,hardly any one works out side,and if they do they are so well rapped up that they can hardly move
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:10 pm
Happy in Canada.

Originally Posted by Gremmie
did you know Wpeg has more resturants per resident than any other city
Weve just bought a house 20mins south of the peg,Niverville which is booming at the mo,. Prices way cheaper than within the perimeter
As to the -40c winters,hardly any one works out side,and if they do they are so well rapped up that they can hardly move
Shush my misses wants to live there.

Someone Pick a day I work a block or 2 from Fort Garry so could pop up for a pint or 2
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:28 pm
Banned

Shush my misses wants to live there.

Someone Pick a day I work a block or 2 from Fort Garry so could pop up for a pint or 2
Sorry i just rechecked and dis-illusionist should be already here...
Tomorrow would work fine with me but i guess we should hear from stewart then as he can probably get in touch with Dis-Illusionist!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:21 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

He should be phoning me tomorrow if his meeting finishes.

Lets say the revolving tower lounge at 5.30 (Tuesday 27th Oct).

Who's up for it?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:12 pm
RETIRED Realtor

Bump.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Bump.
Perfect i will probably get there a little early maybe around five cause i will come straight from work?

See you all there.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
Perfect i will probably get there a little early maybe around five cause i will come straight from work?

See you all there.
Where and at what time
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
Banned

Skyview Lounge (Revolving Lounge)
31st floor
Phone204)947-1990
Hours:

*All closing times based on last reservation taken
5-5:30 can you make it?
This is on smith i believe???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.