Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice wanted for Gay Police Officer.

Advice wanted for Gay Police Officer.

Old Dec 16th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice wanted for Gay Police Officer.

Originally Posted by dbd33
The Conservative Party, Harper's gang of neo-cons, are strongest in Alberta. If the population is even moderately liberal how do they and the likes of Ralph Klein get elected? I suggest that, while there may be some well balanced people in Alberta, they are a minority. It seems to me that Alberta as a whole is as yeehaw a place as Texas (lovely trucks on Heartland though).

Note that I'm not suggesting that rural Ontario is at all liberal. As noted above, one needs to look the part in order to fit in.
Yeehaw is is Florida not Texas
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:30 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

... no one in Canada cares if you're a mick, but they certainly care that you be white and not French.
In your social circles maybe.

In the life I experience no one gives a ****. (Or if they do, they know better than to say it.)

People care that you attempt to communicate in English and that you attempt to fit in to the Canadian way of doing things but the colour of your skin? It's irrelevant.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:23 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
In your social circles maybe.

In the life I experience no one gives a ****. (Or if they do, they know better than to say it.)
The problem is that my social circle includes people who live in Toronto, all types of backgrounds, and the unhyphenated people who live in the country. You can't mix them. It may be that there are unhyphenated urban Canadians who don't care if you have a "frog" or "a little darkie" in your house but I don't know any; all my friends and neighbours in Toronto have been from somewhere else.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:35 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

It may be that there are unhyphenated urban Canadians who don't care if you have a "frog" or "a little darkie" in your house
None of those sort, and no *darkies* out here.

It's honkeytown, man, and they like it that way.

R.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:36 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
None of those sort, and no *darkies* out here.

It's honkeytown, man, and they like it that way.

R.
That don't sound so kewl, man. You mean even in Lotusland yo' face gotta fit?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:20 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
That don't sound so kewl, man. You mean even in Lotusland yo' face gotta fit?
For sure. Honkeytown, man. No diversity here bubba.

R.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

You wouldn't know liberal if it kissed you on the ass.

R.
What is your stance on liberal views ?

JET
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:19 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by JET747
What is your stance on liberal views ?
What do you mean by "my stance". I'm a noveau hippy, you puck. What do you expect my stance to be ?

R.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean by "my stance". I'm a noveau hippy, you puck. What do you expect my stance to be ?

R.
I hope your stance, assuming you're right handed, is legs apart, left foot halfway ahead of right, left arm firmly placed, right arm extended at 45 degrees to the body, stiff to the elbow then swinging freely, right hand holding firmly but not tightly, head down, line of sight over left hand toward the object ball. To position oneself otherwise invites one's balls to go awry.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:36 pm
Lotus-eater

I hope your stance, assuming you're right handed, is legs apart, left foot halfway ahead of right, left arm firmly placed, right arm extended at 45 degrees to the body, stiff to the elbow then swinging freely, right hand holding firmly but not tightly, head down, line of sight over left hand toward the object ball. To position oneself otherwise invites one's balls to go awry.
It's more kind of loose and awry, sort of random depending on the vibe. Hanging loose is the way.

R.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

FYI I have banned Rich 007 (for 2 week)

Ray
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray1968

Ray
Eh?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:43 pm
Nova Scotia

aid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really niceaid1970 is just really nice

Originally Posted by ray1968

Ray
why and would it not be "2 week's"

Last edited by aid1970; Dec 17th 2008 at 9:45 pm.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:46 pm

jancal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aid1970
why and would it not be "2 week's"
Even I was surprised - it was nothing to do with me
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:47 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Post #64 at a guess.

He used the dreaded 'd' word

If moderation has come to that level of control, it's hardly encouraging free speech, is it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.