Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice from those who 'made it'

Advice from those who 'made it'

Old May 28th 2007, 6:18 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from those who 'made it'

Originally Posted by cancov
But you had a PR application in process at the time, right?

Out of interest, how did you and your husband cope with it just being you who worked?
Hi Kellie,
yes our application was going through while we were in Canada. As for OH not working, we decided that if coming to Canada sooner meant that I was the only one working then thats what we would do. My husband took on everything else to compensate and I have to say he's a fantastic cook which is something we never knew!
We are in the very fortunate position of not having a mortgage so we didn't need much money to survive on (which was just as well really because my job pays a dire salary!) so we just got on with it.
Also I think it helps that we have never had his & hers money, everything we earn always goes into one pot (which I obviously spend!)
Old May 28th 2007, 6:32 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

you may be able to get him some cultivation work out in BC
Old May 29th 2007, 2:54 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
Unlikely. You need to be either related to an HA or UN gang member or married into large families who have a common cultural background.
Old May 29th 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
LoL!

Just to be clear, his 'cultivation' enterprise was no grow-op, just a couple of plants he had been given and was trying to grow for personal use, hence why the police only cautioned him. They realised he wasn't a drug dealer or anything.

As an update, I called the CIC yesterday for the first time, to fish for answers about the whole police caution for an indictable offence issue. The woman did not seem to think it would automatically mean a refusal. She said the visa officer will treat the application on a case-by-case basis, they may want to know details of the incident etc. She encouraged us to apply and said that there were always other options even if we got a refusal. It gave us some hope!

Kellie