Advice please

Old May 16th 2009, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

stanstan will become famous soon enoughstanstan will become famous soon enough
Default Advice please

HI We will hopefully know in the next few months whether we have been accepted.

I have been upfront with my employer and told them everything but now I feel like I am being pushed out.

If I choose to resign next week do we have to inform the High Commission of the change in my employment status?
Old May 16th 2009, 12:07 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Advice please

Originally Posted by stanstan
HI We will hopefully know in the next few months whether we have been accepted.

I have been upfront with my employer and told them everything but now I feel like I am being pushed out.

If I choose to resign next week do we have to inform the High Commission of the change in my employment status?
Not as far as I am aware, if you are in the skilled worker route it is based on your last four years work experience I believe
Old May 17th 2009, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future

As far as advice:

if you feel you are being pushed out at work, which in my ears translates to "they are preparing to maybe make do without you at work, and therefore might be preparing to lay you off"

well, if that's what you feel, than you better prepare for just that, and:

evaluate your options

-can you wait for your Canadian immigration status to go through (don't know the details of your case) and make do without a job and an income until then
-if not, prepare and start finding yourself another job at your current location

Good luck with all -- maybe it's also worth another talk with your employer: explain about any uncertainty in timing with regards to Canadian immigration.

Last edited by Ikatita; May 17th 2009 at 7:15 am. Reason: removed a quote, because my post didn't refer to the quoted part
Old May 17th 2009, 9:05 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

It could well be that the employer, having been told of the posters plan, is anxious to find someone to replace him so there is as little interruption in production as possible.