Reload this Page >

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Old Jun 30th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

samsmith2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

hi everyone new to this site and looking for some info please

I am a gas registered heating engineer in the uk and as with everyone fed up of the UK . My question is does anyone know if gas safe (previously CORGI) qualifications are valid in Canada or would i have to take the equiv exam etc in Canada. Also if the later being the case does anyone know what the work situ is like for plumbers . Any help appreciated cheers sam
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:49 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

why is everyoine fed up with the UK?? the grass isnt necessarily greener in Canada..as far as i know you will have to sit the equivliant exam in Canada to be registered..and here in Alberta we could do with some decent plumbers/mech/HVAC guys
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:19 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samsmith2002
and as with everyone fed up of the K
I would not make this a reason to immigrate. Immigration can be expensive, takes a lot to adapt to for many and another country is just somewhere else to live. Bottom line, same shit different bucket.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:24 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Shinier bucket, or at least a larger one for most anyway...

Anyway, back to the question asked. CORGI has come up on the past, and as far as I recall, like most NVQs its not something canadian employers are familiar with so doing the red seal or whatever is the route to go. I think flederman was a qualified gas fitter, hes was still trying to find someone to employ him while he converted last time I met up with him and his OH...
Old Jul 1st 2011, 8:42 am
Just Joined

samsmith2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
why is everyoine fed up with the UK?? the grass isnt necessarily greener in Canada..as far as i know you will have to sit the equivliant exam in Canada to be registered..and here in Alberta we could do with some decent plumbers/mech/HVAC guys
Cheers dude, think i will go do the route of wet plumbing and see what happens from there, sounds like decent plumbers are in demand though !!.
Had a few good leads and it is apparent there is ample work out there and getting a start should be ok many thanks