Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice needed abt the U of A Vs U of C

Advice needed abt the U of A Vs U of C

Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough
Default Advice needed abt the U of A Vs U of C

Hi folks,
My son would like to do business(banking and finance).Wanted to know which University is good for him.Is it University of Alberta(Edmonton) or University of Calgary(Calgary).

All your valuble advice is appreciated in this thread.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:50 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed abt the U of A Vs U of C

I don't know specifically about finance, but overall the University of Alberta is ranked slightly more highly than the University of Calgary. This is something I've heard anecdotally, and it's confirmed by a Google search for RANK + UNIVERSITIES + CANADA.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

chits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the roughchits is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I don't know specifically about finance, but overall the University of Alberta is ranked slightly more highly than the University of Calgary. This is something I've heard anecdotally, and it's confirmed by a Google search for RANK + UNIVERSITIES + CANADA.
thanks judy.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

Well...
This is probably a huge generalisation but I know that a couple of friends of mine believe that UofA is better for post grad degrees and UofC is better for undergrads.....UofA does go after the research grants that come with PHD's etc....
That said my husband went to UofA so I guess I should say that that makes is better!!!
You could try looking at the Macleans University editions.....Might give you a feeling for the courses....
Lisa
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leepee
Well...
This is probably a huge generalisation but I know that a couple of friends of mine believe that UofA is better for post grad degrees and UofC is better for undergrads.....UofA does go after the research grants that come with PHD's etc....
That said my husband went to UofA so I guess I should say that that makes is better!!!
You could try looking at the Macleans University editions.....Might give you a feeling for the courses....
Lisa
thanks leepee for the info.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:08 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leepee
Lisa
If you look at the MacLean's University editions the U of C will most likely come out very badly.

The University seems to have a running battle with MacLean's and how it ranks universities.