Advice needed

Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Advice needed

Originally Posted by callie
I'm sure i have read somewhere that you said your not making anymore posts
well do us all a favour
Now Callie you are starting to get annoying
It will be my last reply to you
Please for your own sake the sake of your husband and kids, contact your man and make the peace, its getting very silly, i don't want to be rude to you, you sound to me like you need real help, contact him before its too late.
This time yesterday when you publicly had a go at me on the forum i wanted to smack you straight in the mouth, you had no idea who i was or what my family have been through but you felt the need to insult me,
now today all i have for you is sympathy.
Your life in Canada with Matt and the kids may be exactly what you are hoping it to be, for us it wasn't and we've not committed a crime not liking the job or the company if it had been a job in the UK he would never have gone back on the second day, we where one of the first families to arrive at Westcan and they had alot to learn, the hardest part was the fact it went wrong and we where so far away with the girls in tow, disrupting their lives was my biggest regret, luckily they have coped with the ordeal fantastically.
I am very proud of my family and the way we have all coped in a very difficult situation
I truly wish you well and hope to read your posts in the future about your new Canadian life.
The best of luck
Shelly
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:59 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure i have read somewhere that you said your not making anymore posts
well do us all a favour
I have to agree with the others here; you need to take responsibility for your own decisions like an adult, and not shift it to some anonymous stranger. I mean, just how silly is that?

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jul 28th 2006 at 10:03 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:17 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
I have to agree with the others here; you need to take responsibility for your own decisions like an adult, and not shift it to some anonymous stranger. I mean, just how silly is that?

My guess is she's suffering a fair bit at the moment, but I agree there was no real need to pass any blame for her current situation onto anyone else. You make your own bed, and lie in it i'm afraid!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 11:33 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Mr 1066.
I humbly appologise for my earlier outbust.
It appears you are a much better judge of character than I.
I stand corrected.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 7:19 am
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Dear Mr 1066.
I humbly appologise for my earlier outbust.
It appears you are a much better judge of character than I.
I stand corrected.
No apologies needed koogar - just one of those things
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:35 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody got any recipes for a good hot salad dressing?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 3:06 am
Just Joined

brummies is an unknown quantity at this point

hello my name is darren i currently work for this company in calgary if you have any questions please e mail me or the wife sarran . everybody will have something to say, but everybody has different circumstances some will find the move to much and some will be like ducks to water ,contact us and tell us which depot your going to work at .
Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:12 am
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

when we first decided to go to canada we too thought it was gonna be the perfect life etc.... having read this forum however does make you realise that you at the start do tend to look through rose tinted specs
i think you are better being a bit more prepared knowing some companies treat people like poo, basically its the same s**t that happens there as it does here, if you are unfortunate, as long as you arnt going over expecting it to be perfect then you should be ok.
isnt it true that anything you want in life is never easy
hoppe this helps a bit , just trying to put a bit of neutral perspective on it
hope you sort things out , take care dee x
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

callie has a brilliant futurecallie has a brilliant futurecallie has a brilliant futurecallie has a brilliant futurecallie has a brilliant futurecallie has a brilliant futurecallie has a brilliant future

Hi Guys a recent update.
I flew out to attempt to patch things up with hubby, unfortunately we both came to the realisation that we had drifted apart long before he made the break and went to canada alone, it took what happened for us to realise that there was no going back, we had got dragged into the immigration snowball but not realised how unhappy we both were with each other.
I know now and i Knew then deep down that things weren't right, you just know when something has come to an end, i thought i was still in love but i know now it was fear of what may be ahead life on my own the events of the last six months was just papering over the cracks, unfortunately it was too late to hold onto our home for me and the kids, that was sold earlier.

One thing has come out of it all i now have a very new very close best friend Michelle (Shelly1) I am so embarrassed at my outpouring of anger towards you that i feel i need to put the record straight.
Michelle you where a stranger and you have become a tower of strength to me, from the first private message you sent you gave me the belief and courage to travel to Matt and sort out my life. I know you where hoping that things would turn out differently for me, but somethings sometimes you just can't mend. you took us into your home and You found me and the kids somewhere to live and helped me with schools you have supported us in a difficult time and i will always be indebted to you, You are truly one of life's good people.
Caroline X
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Callie,
I am so sorry to hear that things haven't worked out for you and your hubby.
You were right to go out to him and get things sorted out. At least now you both know what you want. Things can't have been easy for you.

Full credit to you for publicly apologising to Shelly, also to her for doing so much for you. Shelly you sound like an amazing person!

I hope you and your family will manage to find peace and happiness.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Advice needed

Hi Guys a recent update.
I flew out to attempt to patch things up with hubby, unfortunately we both came to the realisation that we had drifted apart long before he made the break and went to canada alone, it took what happened for us to realise that there was no going back, we had got dragged into the immigration snowball but not realised how unhappy we both were with each other.
I know now and i Knew then deep down that things weren't right, you just know when something has come to an end, i thought i was still in love but i know now it was fear of what may be ahead life on my own the events of the last six months was just papering over the cracks, unfortunately it was too late to hold onto our home for me and the kids, that was sold earlier.

One thing has come out of it all i now have a very new very close best friend Michelle (Shelly1) I am so embarrassed at my outpouring of anger towards you that i feel i need to put the record straight.
Michelle you where a stranger and you have become a tower of strength to me, from the first private message you sent you gave me the belief and courage to travel to Matt and sort out my life. I know you where hoping that things would turn out differently for me, but somethings sometimes you just can't mend. you took us into your home and You found me and the kids somewhere to live and helped me with schools you have supported us in a difficult time and i will always be indebted to you, You are truly one of life's good people.
Caroline X
well, thats really nice to hear that you,ve become good friends. best wishes to both callie and shelly xx
Old Sep 8th 2006, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

shabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud of

Michelle you where a stranger and you have become a tower of strength to me, from the first private message you sent ......... You are truly one of life's good people.
C

Callie,

A massive good luck to you and your family. You have all been through so much recently and I really do hope that everything works out for you in whatever you decide to do in the future and that you find true happiness!

This has been a lesson to everyone! (well it has to me). Yes, it is a big adventure and it is very exciting, but emigrating is not the answer for every one. I am keeping my fingers crossed that if and when we come over, we are able to cope with the stresses that will almost certainly batter us from all sides. My hubby is looking at long-haul, so I will also be on my own for days/weeks at a time with the kids, but I am sure that for everyone who needs a bit of encouragement, there is someone else in BE who is willing to offer that!

I am just glad that Callie has made such a good friend
Old Sep 24th 2006, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Westcan Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lying Expats !!

As a new member to this site I've come across Shelly1's rantings and as a Westcan employee of 2 1/2 years and having got my PR, I have to say that Shelly1 is a liar. My family not her's were the first to arrive in Moose Jaw and the rantings she has made about Westcan are a total load of B*****ks. Westcan didn't treat her family badly at all, in fact they went out of their way to help them all they could as Westcan are a family orientated company. As for having to work 24/7 to make any money how would she know as her OH only completed training and ACTUALLY ddin't drive a truck by himself and all the time they were out here her OH constantly moaned about Canada and the Canadian way of life. Anybody wishing to make a new life away from the UK have got to put things into perspective.
Do you want to stay in the UK the way things are going or do you want to make a better way of life for you and your family here in Canada?
I'm not saying are the best company in the world but they are the best company that I have worked for and the pros for working for Westcan greatly out number the cons. So anybody wanting to emigrate to Canada and work for Westcan feel free to contact me for any info.
ps: Of the families that have gone back to the UK none of them have given the Canadaian way of life a chance.