Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on Emigration to Canada

Advice on Emigration to Canada

Old Nov 17th 2017, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Emigration to Canada

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I accept I may be wrong, but I don't believe that I have ever read of anyone on this site that has used that firm and were unhappy with the service they received.

I accept that lots of people on this site have told others to steer clear of them, but that doesn't appear to have been based on personal experience, but because of what they have read online.

I also accept that I might be wrong ........ which is why i said this was the first positive comment that I had read on this site.

You have your experience, I have mine!

I still maintain that no consultant can get you into Canada if you do not already have the qualifications, and that you have to collect all the information together for the consultant.

I guess it is personal preference as to whether the consultant is worth several thousand pounds over and above the other costs ......... or whether you can actually get the job interviews yourself, with a little bit of work!
Old Nov 17th 2017, 12:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

And as a reminder, an Immigration Consultant (or an agency) can't charge you for finding you work.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I accept I may be wrong, but I don't believe that I have ever read of anyone on this site that has used that firm and were unhappy with the service they received.
There are quite a lot of posts that I've read over the years. The most memorable one for me was a forum member, Spaceace, who was rejected because Brazolot had incorrectly calculated his FSW points. He lost his application fee etc and had to apply again further down the line (did it by himself that time though and was successful!). As a FSW points calculation is fairly basic for an immi consultant to get right, I think that's pretty appalling personally.

So I may never have used them myself, but after seeing the 'advice' they've given to others over the years (whilst working for another consultant, and working alongside Brazolot at expos etc), I personally couldn't recommend them.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There are quite a lot of posts that I've read over the years. The most memorable one for me was a forum member, Spaceace, who was rejected because Brazolot had incorrectly calculated his FSW points. He lost his application fee etc and had to apply again further down the line (did it by himself that time though and was successful!). As a FSW points calculation is fairly basic for an immi consultant to get right, I think that's pretty appalling personally.

So I may never have used them myself, but after seeing the 'advice' they've given to others over the years (whilst working for another consultant, and working alongside Brazolot at expos etc), I personally couldn't recommend them.

I think he lost around $1400 or something. There was someone else who had paid a deposit and then been hounded for further payments from Brazalot group even though they hadn't yet done anything. I think they were getting threats of legal action if I remember right.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
I also accept that I might be wrong ........ which is why i said this was the first positive comment that I had read on this site.

You have your experience, I have mine!

I still maintain that no consultant can get you into Canada if you do not already have the qualifications, and that you have to collect all the information together for the consultant.

I guess it is personal preference as to whether the consultant is worth several thousand pounds over and above the other costs ......... or whether you can actually get the job interviews yourself, with a little bit of work!
Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I can remember when people were advised to use Mr. Miller and Mr. Wildy by posters on here. Look how that turned out.

I would simply suggest that they do their own research and make their decisions based upon that.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 3:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I think he lost around $1400 or something. There was someone else who had paid a deposit and then been hounded for further payments from Brazalot group even though they hadn't yet done anything. I think they were getting threats of legal action if I remember right.
Yes, IIRC they wanted to cancel their agreement prior to any works being undertaken and there was a clause in the contract that stated that the fee was due regardless. It was around £3500... I'm not sure what the outcome was.

Edited to add, found the link http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...enough-745852/

Found this too http://www.canadianvisareview.com/re...gration-group/

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 17th 2017 at 6:43 pm.