Advice on changing jobs due to covid19

Wikiposts

Advice on changing jobs due to covid19

Old Jan 24th 2021, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Cyclone27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on changing jobs due to covid19

Hi guys!
I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help with a couple work related questions.

I applied for a provincial nomination via the AINP program and was accepted. Since then I have recently received my PR and I'm waiting on my residency card. In December when Alberta locked down again I lost my job as a restaurant manager so now I am waiting on EI and looking for work.

I was on a closed work permit but now as a resident I believe I am a free agent to work anywhere, but I am not sure as I heard somewhere when you get residency you have to stay within the job you have for 3 months after receiving residency. So, do I have to find the same or similar job (restaurant/hospitality manager/supervisor) or can I do any job? I have a background in driving as well as the restaurant business and also due to covid I am open minded to new job prospects.

If anyone has any insight or advice regarding this it would be appreciated, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my residency.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 25th 2021, 6:42 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on changing jobs due to covid19

If you now have PR you can work for any employer that will have you.

As you moved under AINP you really should stay within Alberta for a while, but you can apply to any employer within the province.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 10:10 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on changing jobs due to covid19

A PR is as good as any Canadian. The only restrictions are you can't vote, you can't run for public office and you have to abide by the residency obligations which in your case also means making a concerted effort to live and work in that province.

Apart from that, take whatever job you want/can get.