Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on best shipping company from Dubai to Toronto ?

Advice on best shipping company from Dubai to Toronto ?

Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Klflopster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on best shipping company from Dubai to Toronto ?

We are moving to Toronto in June and I have had a few quotes on shipping company one has said 6 weeks the other 8 ? Who did you use and how were they ?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice on best shipping company from Dubai to Toronto ?

No suggestion but just want to say it is very wise to get out one of the worst places on earth. Dubai has nothing but oil, no drink water or farm land, sucks numerous earth resources from other places.

Check out the movie Home at 35:13. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU
Old Mar 5th 2013, 3:26 am
Just Joined

bOZEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Wrong actually - Dubai has very little oil!! Abu Dhabi has a tad more! Drink water comes from desalination (from the sea).....there is a small bit of farming......and Im not sure what you mean by sucks earth resources from other places!!
Yes this land has some problems but hardly the worst place on earth????
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bOZEY
Wrong actually - Dubai has very little oil!! Abu Dhabi has a tad more! Drink water comes from desalination (from the sea).....there is a small bit of farming......and Im not sure what you mean by sucks earth resources from other places!!
Yes this land has some problems but hardly the worst place on earth????
I can confirm its not the worst place ! It has provided us with a nice life for the last 5 years but I am very much looking forward to crisp clean air !
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:40 pm
Hellooo...anyone there?

Buttons-Galore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KLFlopster,

I didn't move from Dubai to Toronto, but I did use AngloPacific when I moved back from Dubai to London, and then again a few years later when I moved from London to Montreal. With both moves they were excellent, well priced and efficient. I can't tell you how long it will take, although from London to Montreal, it took us exactly 3 weeks, with no problems.

As everyone has probably already told you, the temperature exchange with Dubai is extreme But it's a lot of fun if you like to get outdoors - just swap sand dune buggies for skis!

Good luck with the move.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buttons-Galore
Hi KLFlopster,

I didn't move from Dubai to Toronto, but I did use AngloPacific when I moved back from Dubai to London, and then again a few years later when I moved from London to Montreal. With both moves they were excellent, well priced and efficient. I can't tell you how long it will take, although from London to Montreal, it took us exactly 3 weeks, with no problems.

As everyone has probably already told you, the temperature exchange with Dubai is extreme But it's a lot of fun if you like to get outdoors - just swap sand dune buggies for skis!

Good luck with the move.

I will look into them, I have a quote from one company so at least I ave a comparison. I am hoping I will have time to ease myself into the cold as we're coming in the summer unlike husband who leaves in a week !
Old Mar 6th 2013, 11:54 am
Hellooo...anyone there?

Buttons-Galore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Klflopster
I will look into them, I have a quote from one company so at least I ave a comparison. I am hoping I will have time to ease myself into the cold as we're coming in the summer unlike husband who leaves in a week !
It's actually warmed up quite a bit in Montreal over the last three weeks, we now have temperatures in the plus single digits, which means we can wear normal coats again instead of our big, padded, heavy fur hooded numbers! It could get very cold again but I hear its unlikely. I came for a visit at Easter last year and it was great, super sunny, clear skies, although cold temperatures like the UK in winter with a chilly wind. You're going to really enjoy it here I'm sure. I havent been here for summer yet, but apparently the summers are almost as hot and humid as Dubai, so you'll feel right at home