Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on 4X4 lease and types.

Advice on 4X4 lease and types.

Old Apr 10th 2013, 8:18 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on 4X4 lease and types.

Originally Posted by dbd33
Are the Arab kids racing Ferraris around Knightsbridge chavs or does wealth and being foreign exclude them?
Elaborating on a concept of yours from another thread. Maybe they could be said to have attained Chavness by proxy?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:17 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Are the Arab kids racing Ferraris around Knightsbridge chavs or does wealth and being foreign exclude them?
Good point! Lucky sods.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

My GMC Sierra 4x4 5.3 v8 extended cab goes through gas at the rate o 14-17 mpg , not pushing hard though!
Salt &grit not used out here in the sticks..touch o gravel at corners though.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I think you're over-egging things somewhat. Leaving glow plugs for several minutes will soon kill your battery, and there's no need to leave a diesel running for half an hour before driving it in the winter. A block heater just makes cranking easier on battery and engine.

Diesel has additives that help prevent the effect of cold weather on its viscosity.
the only thing i'm really exaggerating is the "couple of mins" for the Vento, it just felt like an eternity if you were in a rush my friends Pug 306 D-Turbo was the same

Like i say, my knowledge on diesel is very little...but my next door neighbour for example is out at 6am starting his 3500 Sierra, and he leaves at 6.30 the same as i do!

one of my work colleagues starts his F350 a good 30 mins before leaving work in the winter, and it sounds like a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit tin while it warms up haha

it would make sense to me, that in this advanced age of fuel technologies that diesel would have such additives that it wouldn't freeze in the cold temps.

So for example, if i was to possibly purchase this TDI RAM1500, i wouldn't have to plug it in any more than i've been plugging in my unleaded Honda?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:46 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88

...one of my work colleagues starts his F350 a good 30 mins before leaving work in the winter, and it sounds like a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit tin while it warms up haha...
Poetry.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:53 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjones
Elaborating on a concept of yours from another thread. Maybe they could be said to have attained Chavness by proxy?
Chavness = vulgarity. As flashy displays of wealth are vulgar then they are indeed chavs.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 1:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
My GMC Sierra 4x4 5.3 v8 extended cab goes through gas at the rate o 14-17 mpg , not pushing hard though!
Salt &grit not used out here in the sticks..touch o gravel at corners though.
That'll be very similar to this truck. Not one that was able to go up our driveway.
Attached Thumbnails Advice on 4X4 lease and types.-stuck_truck.jpg  
Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by delsol79
Or you might just realise with resentment that most of the models are just rebadged Honda and Nissan models with a BMW price tag

I love Jap cars but have hated how cars that were "normal" to me like the Honda Accord is badged an Acura TSX and given a premium price.
LOL. To an extent yes. I meant more of the Acura MDX. Its not quite the same as the CRV..

Im not a fan of Japanese, but I drove from Golden BC to Calgary in the MDX and I was rather impressed.
My sister had the Nissan Armada. Not as luxurious/Prestige as BMW but I found it a great workhorse for everyday stuff, kids, moving, shopping etc. I loved it.

I like European vehicles but I have had to admit over the years here that the Japanese vehicles are rather nice and cheaper to run/maintain.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

the only thing i'm really exaggerating is the "couple of mins" for the Vento, it just felt like an eternity if you were in a rush my friends Pug 306 D-Turbo was the same

Like i say, my knowledge on diesel is very little...but my next door neighbour for example is out at 6am starting his 3500 Sierra, and he leaves at 6.30 the same as i do!

one of my work colleagues starts his F350 a good 30 mins before leaving work in the winter, and it sounds like a skeleton having a wank in a biscuit tin while it warms up haha

it would make sense to me, that in this advanced age of fuel technologies that diesel would have such additives that it wouldn't freeze in the cold temps.

So for example, if i was to possibly purchase this TDI RAM1500, i wouldn't have to plug it in any more than i've been plugging in my unleaded Honda?
Pretty concerned that for the last god knows how long, somewhere in your house u have a sexually frustrated person(once was alive) imprisoned in a tin!!!! How else would you know how that sounds
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:30 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

i had 306 d turbo back in the day..went like shit of a shovel was only 90bhp but loved it..you would literally wait 2 seconds for the start...in fact i drove nothing but diesels in the UK preferred them to petrol cars..the glow plug thing is no longer in use..im pretty sure the 306 was the last car i had with them and that was back in 1997..my last car i owned in England was an Audi a3 sport with a 2litre 170 bhp diesel and would do 0-60 in 6 secs. My Ford Edge has a 3.5litre 285 bhp petrol engine and does 0 - 60 in 6 days give or take a few hours.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
i had 306 d turbo back in the day..went like shit of a shovel was only 90bhp but loved it..you would literally wait 2 seconds for the start...in fact i drove nothing but diesels in the UK preferred them to petrol cars..the glow plug thing is no longer in use..im pretty sure the 306 was the last car i had with them and that was back in 1997..my last car i owned in England was an Audi a3 sport with a 2litre 170 bhp diesel and would do 0-60 in 6 secs. My Ford Edge has a 3.5litre 285 bhp petrol engine and does 0 - 60 in 6 days give or take a few hours.
How often are you chased in your vehicles?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:58 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
How often are you chased in your vehicles?
i only ever get chased by women not other vehicles but that's for another thread..im not a petrol head or boy racer i just like a clean get away from the lights and for the quick overtake of lorries etc esp going up hills.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

So when I go back to live in England do you suggest a Audi Diesel, Volkswagon Golf diesel or a Skoda diesel???

Petrol is 139 ppl
Diesel is 146 ppl (per the AA)

Last edited by cheers; Apr 11th 2013 at 7:47 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

mohtechnix is an unknown quantity at this point

i only ever get chased by women not other vehicles but that's for another thread..im not a petrol head or boy racer i just like a clean get away from the lights and for the quick overtake of lorries etc esp going up hills.
Shall I start another thread for you to elaborate on this
Old Apr 11th 2013, 8:00 pm
Every day's a school day

Originally Posted by cheers
So when I go back to live in England do you suggest a Audi Diesel, Volkswagon Golf diesel or a Skoda diesel???

Petrol is 139 ppl
Diesel is 146 ppl (per the AA)
they are the same diesel units..all are owned by VW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.