Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Advice on 4X4 lease and types.

Advice on 4X4 lease and types.

Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:27 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on 4X4 lease and types.

Originally Posted by mohtechnix
Fact. I could also live with a 3.0ltr petrol or gas as you call it. I know fuel is cheaper over there, but the thought of commuting in a 4.0ltr engine petrol car just doesn't sit right with me.
i still call it petrol..gas is for making chips and heating my house
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

mohtechnix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bats
Of course they do, and your choice is influenced by how you want to appear to others. You can't get away from that.

FWIW I drive a FWD 4 year old Jeep Patriot. Reasons for purchase? I can reach the pedals, it has loads of room in the back for my art stuff, it was cheap, it's not bad on gas, it goes round corners well, it's bright red, I think it's more 'me' than a stodgy mum car.
Completely untrue batman My choice for cars is not necessarily driven by what others think or how they perceive my status. I have always believed in investing in a car that offers impeccable driving pleasure, precision, efficiency, reliability, and not to mention great resale value, and I cannot look past a German car (VW, AUDI, adn BMW) for that. I have never owned a Golf, but I once had a two year old AUDI A4 and I had horrid experience with it. I am not implying that all Audi's are bad but I wasn't lucky with the only one I had. I got a 320D after the AUDI, since then I know visibly where my loyalties lay.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I have always believed in investing in a car that offers impeccable driving pleasure, precision, efficiency, reliability, and not to mention great resale value
And you think the BMW X6 does that? My, I'm glad you don't run my portfolio (not that I really have one but, if I did, I think Bernie Madoff's would be safer hands for it).
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
And you think the BMW X6 does that? My, I'm glad you don't run my portfolio (not that I really have one but, if I did, I think Bernie Madoff's would be safer hands for it).
Yes I do. Can you elaborate on why you think it doesn't? What do you actually know about it's performance and we are not talking ill-founded infos here?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:49 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do. Can you elaborate on why you think it doesn't? What do you actually know about it's performance and we are not talking ill-founded infos here?
you could get a Range Rover for the same price.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
you could get a Range Rover for the same price.
Thanks. I will pass on that.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:01 pm
Every day's a school day

Thanks. I will pass on that.
Your choice but BMW hardly have a good rep when it comes to 4X4
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Invest? The value of the thing will drop like a stone. The fuel consumption will be such that it's much more expensive to operate than a Smart car. It's not a useful thing and it's not a thing that will rise in value. Rather than an investment, it's a vastly expensive toy. Not that there's anything wrong with expensive toys, boats and nags have cost me a bundle, but I make no pretence that they're an investment in anything but pleasure.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 4:40 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
And here I thought you drove the Batmobile.
Sadly I have been known to call it that.

Completely untrue batman My choice for cars is not necessarily driven by what others think or how they perceive my status. I have always believed in investing in a car that offers impeccable driving pleasure, precision, efficiency, reliability, and not to mention great resale value, and I cannot look past a German car (VW, AUDI, adn BMW) for that. I have never owned a Golf, but I once had a two year old AUDI A4 and I had horrid experience with it. I am not implying that all Audi's are bad but I wasn't lucky with the only one I had. I got a 320D after the AUDI, since then I know visibly where my loyalties lay.
You must be one of the very few on whom advertsing is wasted then . Impeccable driving pleasure, love that phrase.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:56 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want skinny tyres in the winter? Don't wider tyres distribute the weight better in snow?
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:58 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you want skinny tyres in the winter? Don't wider tyres distribute the weight better in snow?
Yes, and that's the problem.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 7:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You want to cut a groove down to the hard surface, something thin is better able to do that. I suspect a 2CV would go better in deep snow than an X6 though a 2CV carrying an X6 would be even better due to having more weight.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 8:11 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at something like the Swedish round of the World Rally Championship on You Tube. The tires are almost comically skinny given that the cars have 300+ hp.
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scootb
Lol have you seen the top gear episode on those cars?

yup....they corner like a dream in all road conditions
Old Apr 8th 2013, 9:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

And here I thought you drove the Batmobile.
Sadly I have been known to call it that.

You must be one of the very few on whom advertsing is wasted then . Impeccable driving pleasure, love that phrase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.