Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Across the Boarder Shopping

Across the Boarder Shopping

Old May 20th 2011, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of
Default Across the Boarder Shopping

Has anyone gone over the Buffallo Boarder recently, and if so have you had to complete the ESTA USA form and if you have can you tell me what we would have to put on it for a day visit.

Thanks
Old May 20th 2011, 5:06 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Across the Boarder Shopping

ESTA is for flights
At land border you fill in an i94w at the crossing and pay $6
Old May 20th 2011, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

Even Better and should have remembered that Thanks
Old May 20th 2011, 5:18 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Just keep in mind , especially over this weekend , when they quote the waiting times at the crossings , that's the time for you to actually get to immigration.

As a non Canadian I'd be allowing an extra hour or so on top of that to get processed
Old May 20th 2011, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

If you have an ESTA, do you still need to do the i94w?
Old May 20th 2011, 5:46 am
Professional Cat herder

Yes , although it's possible that if you have s tamp in your passport that's less than 90 days old you could plead your case and try to persuade them that you don't need it but I wouldn't hold my breath

Note that's different to just having an ESTA , I mean if you have been admitted in the past 90 days
Old May 20th 2011, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

TheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond reputeTheBear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Yes , although it's possible that if you have s tamp in your passport that's less than 90 days old you could plead your case and try to persuade them that you don't need it but I wouldn't hold my breath

Note that's different to just having an ESTA , I mean if you have been admitted in the past 90 days
Cheers. I was in Florida, recently, but won't be moving to TO until late July, so will have expired I guess. Getting very excited...got a job offer and relocation so just need to turn up and hope I keep my job!
Old May 20th 2011, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info Zoe, and good luck in that job Bear
Old May 20th 2011, 1:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We went shopping in Flint last weekend, we were an hour crossing the border because we set off the geiger counter. It seems the dog's gone radioactive. Otherwise the queue was a half-hour or less, same as it was at Buffalo three weeks ago.
Old May 20th 2011, 2:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
We went shopping in Flint last weekend, we were an hour crossing the border because we set off the geiger counter. It seems the dog's gone radioactive. Otherwise the queue was a half-hour or less, same as it was at Buffalo three weeks ago.
I read something in Nature about this. It seems that the radioactive dog syndrome is a well known precursor to the Rapture.

Oh, my.
Old May 20th 2011, 11:11 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Flint??

Is Detroit too posh for you these days?
Old May 21st 2011, 1:07 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Flint??

Is Detroit too posh for you these days?
We were on the way to Muskegon. Similarly, in Buffalo, we were on the way to Moab. Nonetheless, both trips involved Target.
Old May 21st 2011, 1:43 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

We were on the way to Muskegon. Similarly, in Buffalo, we were on the way to Moab. Nonetheless, both trips involved Target.
You'll need a different destination once Target hits Canuckistan.... Though perhaps naive of me to expect the prices to be comparable...
Old May 21st 2011, 9:56 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You might as well shop at Next.
Old May 21st 2011, 9:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Oink
You might as well shop at Next.
I do indeed have a jumper from Next, purchased when bored at Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.