Reload this Page >

Accomodation in Montreal

Accomodation in Montreal

Old Jan 7th 2010, 10:16 am
Just Joined

WeAreMoving is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accomodation in Montreal

Hi!
I have posted here a good few times. We are a family of three moving to Montreal. My husbands company is paying for the move but we are wondering what kind of accomodation is available in Montreal and based on that we would decide what to bring and not to bring...i,e will we bring some small peices of furniture or will we be able to rent furnished? I also heard about "renting furniture" has anyone any experience with that?

Here in Ireland it is quite common to rent a house furnished all mod cons incl. but that doesnt seem to be the norm for Canada.

So I am wondering what type of accomodation is on offer. Could we rent maybe partly furnished (i.e. ktichen, table, sofa) and get the rest in IKEA etc etc.

Any hints, ideas, sharing of experience is welcomed...so many decision to make:-)

Thanks very much in advance, this board really is fantastic!

Cx
Old Jan 7th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Accomodation in Montreal

Originally Posted by WeAreMoving
Hi!
I have posted here a good few times. We are a family of three moving to Montreal. My husbands company is paying for the move but we are wondering what kind of accomodation is available in Montreal and based on that we would decide what to bring and not to bring...i,e will we bring some small peices of furniture or will we be able to rent furnished? I also heard about "renting furniture" has anyone any experience with that?

Here in Ireland it is quite common to rent a house furnished all mod cons incl. but that doesnt seem to be the norm for Canada.

So I am wondering what type of accomodation is on offer. Could we rent maybe partly furnished (i.e. ktichen, table, sofa) and get the rest in IKEA etc etc.

Any hints, ideas, sharing of experience is welcomed...so many decision to make:-)

Cx
http://www.easyrez.com/search/Montreal
http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p647360a

Ive been looking for hol accommodation all day....hope this helps love Montreal

Last edited by Patsy; Jan 7th 2010 at 11:29 am.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:50 am
24Dec2009:175 - Got Visa

apnavsari is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I have posted here a good few times. We are a family of three moving to Montreal. My husbands company is paying ...
I had been living in Montreal past 10 years but furnished house is not that common. Think before you would want to bring something here as it might be costly and you might be able to find stuff cheaper here too.
Good luck with your move.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Cx
In Montreal five items are pretty standard included in the rental: stove, fridge, dishwater, washing machine and clothes dryer.

As to bringing over stuff, it probably is not worth it, unless you have some priceless family heirlooms. Best to start afresh.

I do not know of many places that rent our furniture. Most people simply buy, new or second hand.

As to accommodation it all depends on your budget and where you want to live