Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Accessing UK TV websites

Accessing UK TV websites

Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:20 am
Just Joined

thegarfields is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Accessing UK TV websites

Calling all computer experts (or hackers). We landed just over two weeks ago in Edmonton and our daughter has withdrawl problems - she can't watch The Bill! On the ITV website you can download programs but it knows we are not in the UK - is there a way around this?

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accessing UK TV websites

We haven't found a way - we are missing the BBC.

OH down download some programs from some doggy, but as to which programs, it depends on what other people have uploaded on to the site - I'll ask him for the web address.

Make sure you have good virus protection software
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:24 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Do a forum search for UKNova. A cursory glance at their site suggests that you can get the last month or so of episodes.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

www.uknova.com and www.thebox.bz

both excellent websites. takes a while to get set up but once done you can download to your hearts content.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by northernbird
www.uknova.com and www.thebox.bz

both excellent websites. takes a while to get set up but once done you can download to your hearts content.
there was a similar topic a few weeks ago, and there are websites that are portals. basically it tricks the web page you are viewing to think you are in the UK.

do a search im sure you will find it. ill try as well to find it for you.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I cannot sign up for www.thebox.bz as they have reached there maximum open signup limit (45,000). can someone who is already a member send me an invite to join??

Thanks

Andrew
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Accessing UK TV websites

Hi,

I cannot Sign up on www.thebox.bz as they have reached their maximum open signup limit (45,000):curse:. Can Someone (who is already a member) send me an invite to join

Thanks

Andrew
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:15 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

www.alluc.org not illegal and not live but you can find everything you need on there!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Underworld is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem you are having is most likely they can see what network you are accessing their site from. And its canadian, which will breach broadcast conditions. If you can be bothered to do it, all you need to do is read around "free proxy" - free proxies in the uk. So the web page thinks some one in the uk is looking at the page. In reality the free proxy is *looking* at the page and sending you the data too

Also check out some good Alan Partridges on there .... AHAAAA!

http://quicksilverscreen.com/
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Accessing UK TV websites

Originally Posted by Jackson 5
Hi,

I cannot Sign up on www.thebox.bz as they have reached their maximum open signup limit (45,000):curse:. Can Someone (who is already a member) send me an invite to join

Thanks

Andrew
Andrew,

pm me your email address and i'll send you an invite
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I use uTorrent to get things from The Box after you get the invite. Also, on a1anm's advice I downloaded VLC media player because Windows Media could not play all the shows. It was very good advice - everything plays on VLC.

As it was peeing down rain yesterday, I sat here and watched four episodes of an old Jonathan Meades show called The Victorian House. I am a big documentary fan!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

thegarfields is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I use uTorrent to get things from The Box after you get the invite. Also, on a1anm's advice I downloaded VLC media player because Windows Media could not play all the shows. It was very good advice - everything plays on VLC.

As it was peeing down rain yesterday, I sat here and watched four episodes of an old Jonathan Meades show called The Victorian House. I am a big documentary fan!
Thanks all for the advice - hopefully we will have a happier 15 year old soon
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

OH gets our downloads from uTorrent as well.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:06 am
Banned

didikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to alldidikai is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thegarfields
Thanks all for the advice - hopefully we will have a happier 15 year old soon
Get a DivX player. they are cheap enough.
The you can burn the file direct and watch it on TV
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:52 pm
Stooodent

Chippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really niceChippers is just really nice

If anyone has a "The Box" invite they'd like to send me, I'd be very grateful.

Edit: And unrelated, but if anyone needs help with setting up uTorrent I'd be more than happy to help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.