Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Accent complaint

Wikiposts

Accent complaint

Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:50 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Accent complaint

Should mention it at the exit interview as a your reason for moving on That would serve the tosser right.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:55 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by iaink
Should mention it at the exit interview as a your reason for moving on That would serve the tosser right.
The interviewer already has other ex-employees working for him ... he's well aware what the company I want to leave is like ... he told me what his people thought during the interview

Old Feb 10th 2005, 12:57 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
The interviewer already has other ex-employees working for him ... he's well aware what the company I want to leave is like ... he told me what his people thought during the interview
Not the job interview, the EXIT interview...or doesnt your company do that to find out why staff are leaving them?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:02 am
Glaswegian

Not the job interview, the EXIT interview...or doesnt your company do that to find out why staff are leaving them?
Not sure ... but I've heard the word "traitors" used to describe people who jump ship ... it's a strange place to work.

Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:09 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

Not sure ... but I've heard the word "traitors" used to describe people who jump ship ... it's a strange place to work.
It sounds it. My company has a strange habit of hiring back people who left for greener pastures, so they try not to burn bridges. Takes a lot less training to hire someone who knows what they are doing already. Dont know of any others that are as lenient.

Exit interview from my UK company was funny, the director when I explained I was leaving for a job in Canada said he wished he had been so lucky and to grab it with both hands
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:17 am
Glaswegian

Dont know of any others that are as lenient.
The IT market in Calgary is dog eat dog ... people move around and change sides quite often ... it's all material for the rumor mill.

Poaching is fair play over here ... how do you think I got my current job in the first place??

Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:22 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

The IT market in Calgary is dog eat dog ... people move around and change sides quite often ... it's all material for the rumor mill.

Poaching is fair play over here ... how do you think I got my current job in the first place??
But once poached, what are your chances of later being poached back? Talk of traitors doesnt sound hopefull!
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:29 am
Glaswegian

But once poached, what are your chances of later being poached back? Talk of traitors doesnt sound hopefull!
If I get the job it'll be a move up the foodchain ... once you've made it up to the next level you don't usually climb back down

Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:32 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

If I get the job it'll be a move up the foodchain ... once you've made it up to the next level you don't usually climb back down
But the next rung up could be at your current employer again. Does that ever happen, or do you only get the one go round at each company?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:42 am
Glaswegian

But the next rung up could be at your current employer again. Does that ever happen, or do you only get the one go round at each company?
At the rate acquisition happens, companies don't always last very long ... it's common to find people who have been in the same job here for 20 years, although the company they're working for has changed ownership and names several times around them.

There's a stack of IT consultancies out there and they're all trying to poach each others' staff and move in on the other's market share ... whether or not you end up working for the same company again depends on how long it lasts and who buys who