Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Accent complaint

Accent complaint

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Accent complaint

I agree with you. The Queen is gonna win this one too. The drama-queen that is!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by prodigyking
I agree with you. The Queen is gonna win this one too. The drama-queen that is!
If he does win it will be with class and taste, unlike you........
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by willmore
If he does win it will be with class and taste, unlike you........
Taste and class are all relative. Similar to the likings of English cuisine, if you know what I mean.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:59 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Taste and class are all relative. Similar to the likings of English cuisine, if you know what I mean.
what's wrong with english cuisine? curries and chinese takeouts are some of my favourites!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:00 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The Queen is gonna win this one too. The drama-queen that is!
I didnt realise Willmore was even competing? You'd better let her win, she gets all mad if she doesnt get her way
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hardly, some of us are born with taste and class and use in every day life, others like yourself just breed contempt......
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You really are in the wrong place if you are going to bash BritCuisine. Notice the name of this site, BRITISHexpats? Granted, we may have left the country, but I'm still a bit partial to fish and chips or a nice Roast Beef &Yorkshire, and then there is the indian and chinese food we have asymilated along the way. Resistance is futile!

You dont hear very much about albanian cuisine while I think of it, and besides, arent there more michelin stars in the UK than in France or something?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

You see. It's just funny when you mention British cuisine in the International spectrum. Enough said, I wasn't going for a culinary debate, just a metaphor.

The hysterical part is that I get gang-jumped on because I point out that Mr. CryBaby is spinning his wheels at another lost cause.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You see. It's just funny when you mention British cuisine in the International spectrum. Enough said, I wasn't going for a culinary debate, just a metaphor.

The hysterical part is that I get gang-jumped on because I point out that Mr. CryBaby is spinning his wheels at another lost cause.
If you don't like what he has to say, then why bother to respond. Put him on ignore and save yourself the aggravation of having to listen to someone who speaks the truth, unlike you who is as prejudice and small-minded as the person who complained about McGrouch's accent in the first place....

something to think about, especially since you want to move to Canada..

Enjoy your day......
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

If you don't like what he has to say, then why bother to respond. Put him on ignore and save yourself the aggravation of having to listen to someone who speaks the truth, unlike you who is as prejudice and small-minded as the person who complained about McGrouch's accent in the first place....

something to think about, especially since you want to move to Canada..

Enjoy your day......
What's so prejudice and small-minded about complaining about somebody's accent? Since when has that become part of a ridiculously-politically-correct world? If somebody doesn't understand you, he better make sure to point it out.

Don't worry about my ponderings on Canadian lifestyles. I do not "want" to move there. It's already a done deal.

I also have the pleasure to inform you that my day is being enjoyed talking to such wonderful folk as yourself.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What's so prejudice and small-minded about complaining about somebody's accent? Since when has that become part of a ridiculously-politically-correct world? If somebody doesn't understand you, he better make sure to point it out.

Don't worry about my ponderings on Canadian lifestyles. I do not "want" to move there. It's already a done deal.

I also have the pleasure to inform you that my day is being enjoyed talking to such wonderful folk as yourself.

I'm sorry is english not your first language? You've missed the point McGrouch was making entirely and turned this into a "self-pity" thread for yourself.

McGrouch wasn't complaining about the fact that people may not be able to understand him "in general", he was talking about people complaining about his accent in "the professional context"......Perhaps you weren't able to distinguish between the two.

I think it's a wise decision for you not to move here, because with your attitude about immigrants.....you wouldn't get very far or live very long......
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I have a few things to say on the subject of this thread. The first is - I always figure someone else's rudeness is THEIR problem. Unless you get upset and then you make it your problem!

When I first came to Canada and got a job with a law firm, there was an older English lawyer working there already. One of the partners (he was an a**hole anyway) always imitated the way I spoke. The English lawyer made the comment that he did not have an accent - he spoke English. It was the Canadians who spoke English with a Canadian accent.

And what is more - he was correct!

I suggest you turn a deaf ear to this person's rudeness. If he can't push your buttons and get you annoyed, I think he will soon stop.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:33 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

...I think it's a wise decision for you not to move here, because with your attitude about immigrants.....you wouldn't get very far or live very long......
did you notify the referee of the Glaswegian-Willmore substitution?

still 1-0...
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ksct97
did you notify the referee of the Glaswegian-Willmore substitution?

still 1-0...
I know, where the HELL is he?.....
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Agreed, talking to a crybaby is a lot better than talking to a wall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.