Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

About to Land/Partner Pregnant

About to Land/Partner Pregnant

Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

garymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant future
Default Re: About to Land/Partner Pregnant

I also hear you there regards not wasting Visa's. Hopefully this wil not be the case.

When the application was first submitted it was just the two of us, then came along our 1st daughter and with it pretty bad Post Natal Depression for my partner, this was a very hard time for all.

My partner had alot of required support after the birth and she is very apprehensive about the same thing happening again.

I think if it were back to just the two of us then she could make a decision easily, however applications are in for 3,4 and now 5 years, things happen along the way. You dont want to put your whole life on hold as you might not even be accepted.

Gary
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:37 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garymc
I also hear you there regards not wasting Visa's.
Well, I don't hear them. I think that's a bunch of tosh.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

garymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant futuregarymc has a brilliant future

Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garymc

My partner had alot of required support after the birth and she is very apprehensive about the same thing happening again.

Gary
Hi again Gary

just wanted to say both my kids (ages 5 and 9 months) were born here in Canada with no family around so I know how difficult it can be and it's a lot of pressure on the Dad as well as the Mum. From my point of view if your partner is prone to post natal depression I think it's best that you have your families close by. The most important thing is that your family are together and healthy. I know I'm stating the obvious here but no country is worth your sanity. I'm sure things will work out for you.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Oh, that's a wrinkle that I either didn't know about or had forgotten.

Do you know if a PR can bring their baby into Canada as a visitor and then submit the sponsorship application in Canada?
I'm almost certain a visa waiver national baby could wait it out in Canada, but the OP should ask the immigration experts on the other forum to be sure.