Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

About the bacon . . .

About the bacon . . .

Old Dec 6th 2004, 3:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About the bacon . . .

Originally Posted by willmore
I think you'd better get out that guitar, start exercising those old fingers and learn a few Gordon Lightfoot songs just in case..........
I think there is a lot to be said for learning a few Gordy songs anyway, such a nice man!

Better than that other canadian artist I wont mention, and I dont mean that Dion woman either.....how come one of the quintuplets became a global megastar, and we never hear about the other four?

.....Oh DionNE..my mistake
Old Dec 6th 2004, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

hehehe....I thought you were talking about Stompin Tom Connors......
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:03 pm
the-smiths

Ah.....good old Gord, can't help but love him eh? Been listening to his latest album ( HARMONY ), not bad compared to some of his old ones. Can you believe this is his 20th album?

Another person with a new album ( songs to slash your wrist to ), is Leonard Cohen, with his ;atest re;ease called "dear heather", not bad ( worth a download from iTunes )......LOL

I think you'd better get out that guitar, start exercising those old fingers and learn a few Gordon Lightfoot songs just in case..........

Last edited by the-smiths; Dec 6th 2004 at 4:24 pm.

Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:13 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the-smiths
can't help but love me eh?
Freudian slip????

Another person with a new album ( songs to slash your wrist to ), is Leonard Cohen, with his ;atest re;ease called "dear heather", not bad ( worth a download from iTunes )......LOL
He was the one I was trying not to refer to
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

farmgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah.....good old Gord, can't help but love me eh? Been listening to his latest album ( HARMONY ), not bad compared to some of his old ones. Can you believe this is his 20th album?

===========================

if you live in canada arent you supposed to listen to country music which is usually about

going to war and getting killed/ he broke my heart / they repossessed the farm / my wonderful truck that i love more than the wife / riding my horse/ my home town sentimental song

oh god i am supposed to be working !
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Love his new album, but really loved some of his old ones as well. They were true classics written by a true artist.

Please don't bring up Leonard Cohen, or we'll never get Rhodes to stop talking about him again!!!!!!

Are you on a Mac - using itunes?
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:16 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by farmgirl
===========================

if you live in canada arent you supposed to listen to country music
NO, NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

farmgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
NO, NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
wondered why my ear drums were bleeding , thought that was the shania twain effect
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:24 pm
the-smiths

Correction ! Can't help but love him ( Gordon Lightfoot that is ), I made a typo earlier......LOL

Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:27 pm
the-smiths

A Mac......what is that? If you are talking about the coats, NO, but I did have one in the UK, to go with my wellies.....LOL

Are you on a Mac - using itunes?

Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by farmgirl
wondered why my ear drums were bleeding
Probably from your subconcious mind trying to knock you into the sweet, sweet silence of unconciousness when you werent looking, in order to escape the endless drivel that is 90+% of country music.

Sorry, normally I'm pretty laid back, but if you'd been made to listen to "Alan Jacksons Honky Tonk Christmas" over and over and over at work, you would have negative associations with C&W too! And dont get me starrted on the excrable song about the little girl and the new shoes! AARRRGGHHHHH!

Last edited by iaink; Dec 6th 2004 at 4:36 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A Mac......what is that? If you are talking about the coats, NO, but I did have one in the UK, to go with my wellies.....LOL
No, smart-ass, I'm talking about the type of computer you're on.
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:57 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Did someone mention Leonard Cohen...?
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:59 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Well, no. But why you lot keep on producing the stuff really is beyond my comprehension.

There's just no accounting for "bad taste" now is there?
Old Dec 6th 2004, 5:01 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Did someone mention Leonard Cohen...?
It wasnt me!

Last edited by iaink; Dec 6th 2004 at 5:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.