Reload this Page >

ab global recruitment? has any one used them

ab global recruitment? has any one used them

Old Oct 16th 2007, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

skippy40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ab global recruitment? has any one used them

hi,
i have been looking for truck driving work in canada from the uk for quite a while and replied to an ad i saw being...abglobalrecruitment, They got back in touch with what seems quite a good deal, but it costs £2500.
Has anyone actually used this service and gotten lucky with them? are you working now in canada with the help of this recruitment service.
I need as much info as poss before i actually part with any money.
Will be glad to hear from anyone,
thanks people
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:08 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ab global recruitment? has any one used them

Originally Posted by skippy40
hi,
i have been looking for truck driving work in canada from the uk for quite a while and replied to an ad i saw being...abglobalrecruitment, They got back in touch with what seems quite a good deal, but it costs £2500.
Has anyone actually used this service and gotten lucky with them? are you working now in canada with the help of this recruitment service.
thanks people
There is a wiki article on truck driving in Canada and there is also a sub-forum on trucking in general.

I would strongly suggest you look at both before even considering parting with any money to recruiters.

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 16th 2007, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

skippy40 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks steve will check it out
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Davo1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skippy40
hi,
thanks people
Hi Steve,

I used AB Global Recruitment in June 2007.
I must say this was a leap of faith, because they are a new company.

Although the company was new, they had been involved in the same business prior. There previous business focussed solely on Canada whereas AB Global is focussed on the world market.

Anyway, from the beginning they proved a lot more helpful than other companies I had contacted.

Other companies took forever to get back to me and when they did, the process seemed to long and more expensive than AB Global.

The great thing for me is that my age wasn’t an obstacle, as I’m 53!!

They impressed me because they had very solid trucking contracts with several firms and were able to give me flexible options, like short haul or long haul, class 1 or class 2 driving etc

They also only selected companies with really good tractors (inverters, showers etc)I was assured I would get my own rig with no teamster driving (unless I wanted it.)

They also put a lot of effort in to telling me about Belleville and the real estate prices etc.They even put me in contact with an agent so I could get viewings sorted before I went.

Belleville was great for me as I’ve friends in Toronto but don’t like to be in the City.

The whole process from start to finish took me just over 3 months and I’m having a great timeof it over here. But it is very cold!! The summer was fantastic mind you.

I tried going to trucking firms direct, but it took too long and most of the companies had no clue about hiring foreigners even though their yards are full of unused rigs!!

I’ve got no complaints from these guys, just wished I tried them sooner.

All the best Steve
Old Dec 14th 2007, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Why not look in Truckers magazines and see if there are any jobs advertised in there ?

I do know the names which have been banded around here recently have been companies such as Yanke and H & R Transport, Hewsons etc - you could try applying directly to the company that way saving the GBP2,500

good luck

Gaynorx
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

philB66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Davo1954
Hi Steve,

Although the company was new, they had been involved in the same business prior. There previous business focussed solely on Canada whereas AB Global is focussed on the world market.

Anyway, from the beginning they proved a lot more helpful than other companies I had contacted.

Other companies took forever to get back to me and when they did, the process seemed to long and more expensive than AB Global.

They impressed me because they had very solid trucking contracts with several firms and were able to give me flexible options, like short haul or long haul, class 1 or class 2 driving etc

They also only selected companies with really good tractors (inverters, showers etc)I was assured I would get my own rig with no teamster driving (unless I wanted it.)

They also put a lot of effort in to telling me about Belleville and the real estate prices etc.They even put me in contact with an agent so I could get viewings sorted before I went.

Belleville was great for me as I’ve friends in Toronto but don’t like to be in the City.

The whole process from start to finish took me just over 3 months and I’m having a great timeof it over here. But it is very cold!! The summer was fantastic mind you.

I tried going to trucking firms direct, but it took too long and most of the companies had no clue about hiring foreigners even though their yards are full of unused rigs!!

All the best Steve
Davo1954,
Please could you PM me with a contact no and best time to call you? We have been in touch with AB Global today and would just like to ask you a few questions. I am a HGV Driver in the UK, seriously looking to move out to Canada. I tried to PM you but as I have only just registered it won't let me!
Cheers, Phil
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:39 am
Just Joined

jo65 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,

All the best Steve
hi, very interested in ab global recruitment as we are in the middle of going through this company. any info would be great. we too are looking to move to belleville but seem to be delayed with LMO
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo65
hi, very interested in ab global recruitment as we are in the middle of going through this company. any info would be great. we too are looking to move to belleville but seem to be delayed with LMO
I could be wrong but I thought it was illegal for any employment agency to charge an employee for finding work on their behalf in Canada - I'm sure that they are only allowed to charge the employer, even if they are not actually based in Canada themselves?

Even if it's not illegal to do what they are suggesting, £2500 seems an awful lot of money to get a job in trucking which is an industry hiring heavily from overseas from what I understand. Why would you pay £2500 for something that can be done for free?

I would research things a lot more before you spend any money. I'm off to research the legal side now, will post back if I find anything!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I've now found I was looking for thanks to the excellent Wiki on this site - have a look at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Employ...encies%27_Fees

It does appear that they are charging for something that they shouldn't be under Canadian law in most provinces so tread carefully!! Best of luck.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough

Hi Steve,

All the best Steve

I thought as a truck driver Ontario was only good for a temp work permit and that permanent residency was not possible?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

movingon is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: ab global recruitment? has any one used them

Hi - I used them - wish i hadn't - might have to seek legal advice getting money back - long story but my advice is stay away!!:curse:
Old Apr 15th 2008, 12:28 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

After speaking to a guy today in the taber area, he was asking what my hubby was doing, when i advised he was an electrician, he said wow he wont find it hard to get a job, at the moment they are in major need of skilled guys.

He advised that he looked after drivers and could of given a job to hubby today if he was a driver :curse:, advised that the immagration section was really good at helping new people moving into the area.
Anyway why pay £2500 when that could be spent on a recci trip. if you are looking at alberta look at http://www.sajobline.com/search_result.php

All i did was put class one in the search and it came back with these, all we have done to secure interviews is email companys with enquiry as the header and out of 20/25 emails we have 10 back wanting to see hubby.

Arrived at weekend on recci and now he sorted 3 interviews out, we are being pickey to what he is going for, but beleive me soooooooo worth coming out and meeting rather than expecting a company just to give you a job from your resume
We have spent £3k on the trip and once job is secured, rather it be on a recci than lining a companys pocket
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Hi, we leave in 6 weeks or so for Vancouver - i got a job through an advert - much like some other people on here - the ad was in the sun - someone told us about it i applied as a carpenter and got the offer - but this company worked on no job no payment which was better than AB. Still had no replies from them - just being ignored so i'm off to solictors. Anyway I'm going back as carpenter though currently in IT. Looking forward to flying out there but still worries about various things - though determined to make it work.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

BritInToronto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Yes I am an a bulldog born and bred, and damn proud of it!
I'm 48 years young and this message has taken me forever to try and type.
My hands were made for laying bricks, not for this keyboard.
I keep on trying to check my spelling, which doesn't help.

My name is Martin and I currently live in Mississauga.
I just want to throw my hat in the ring.
I can't speak for other people, just myself,my young family(wife and two young children under 5) and my friend's son (truck driver, I won't mention his name) who also went through AB Global.

We had tried through the permanent residency root but after waiting 2 years we lost our patience.
So like everyone we contacted a good 7 immigration lawyers.
The lowest fee was around £8,000 pounds.
Which we thought wasn't too bad as long as we got over there.
By the way I'm not going to go on about Ontario because I'm not a travel agent but you can see for yourself on the internet that it's an amazing place.

After flushing about £3,734 pounds I was about to knock someone out with a
cavity block!!
This was just fees for them talking on the phone, emailing etc.
Not even an interview!
Another wasted 5 months.

Then my neighbours, cousins, sisters, postman friend that had gone through AB Global referred them on.

So we called them.

They explained they they were an agent for consultants that they work with
in Ontario.

I checked with the consultant and this was correct.
Firstly they were extremely realistic about finding work there.

They advised not to go in the winter(not much work on)
and also to be sure that Ontario
was definitely my choice(my families).

Mona liz(sounds like that anyway)from the company spoke to my wife,
reassuring her on information about schooling in the area.
That they will assist with school locations, Public & Catholic Schools.(which no-other firm had even thought about).

We had been contacted from a real estate agent early on.
I received a Job Offer, accepted it and the rest is history.
This was May 2007.
By the way I had changed my travelling dates twice over 3 months, they had to get another
employer for me(no extra charge).
Plus they referred us to a discounted airline(my airfare was £249).
I came over first, settled in, then the family came over.

The rest as they say is history.
We are never, ever going back home.

I'm on good money (started on $30CAD an hour),my wife has an open work permit and works part time.

A good friend of mine, his son is a truck driver and wanted to work here
(must be that Ice Truckers program back home!!).

AB Global arranged it and he came over three weeks ago.
He was picked up at the airport by his boss, taken out for dinner, he is over the moon.
IHe is hard to contact, he is either working or he is out partying.

Well those are my experiences, my advice is if you are unhappy then get a refund.

Write to them like any other firm and request one.
Wait for your money and then do whatever.
Stand in the que again, we have been there.

But good luck to everyone and if you do get here it is all worthwhile.

I'm not blowing smoke up anyones backside but I couldn't be happier
with the AB Global support.

Well that's my typing for the year.

Just grates me when I see negative comments and no one takes the time to
put the positives that they have experienced.

The whingeing I thought I left behind.

P.S Go the Dons!!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi - well I'm pleased for you that you had a good experience with them, as it can be frustrating when you consider the waiting times - i have my job offer got through another company and way way way cheaper - plus at least they reply to you which is more than ab did. I agree negatives are not helpful - but this was just a bad experience for me. Anyway not long to go and were outta here - got reservations but still focussed. Best of luck bud and to all others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.