Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

800,000 Canadians need foodbank help

800,000 Canadians need foodbank help

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 800,000 Canadians need foodbank help

Originally Posted by Alan2005
The assumption that everyone who smokes does this is wrong anyway. The smokers I used to know took extreme care not to smoke around or near children.
The smokers I know do that too - trouble is, none of them succeed completely.

Why not try and give your kids the best start in life?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:37 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The assumption that everyone who smokes does this is wrong anyway. The smokers I used to know took extreme care not to smoke around or near children.
Its actually illegal in Ontario to smoke in a car with kids in it.

Of course, its also illegal to smoke in a car if its your place of work too, in fact, as dbd will tell you, virtually everything is illegal in Ontario one way or another.

Its not like kids dont know what their parents are up to, and its kind of undermines a parent to say "dont do it, its stupid" when they themselves do it.

But that probably goes for a lot of what parents say & do...
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:40 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
The smokers I know do that too - trouble is, none of them succeed completely.

Why not try and give your kids the best start in life?
For sure - I'm not going to argue the point. We all know that smoking is pretty stupid.

But the 'feed my kids or feed my habit' is not an accurate reflection of the choices people make. And given how much smoking is taxed the government can probably give away free food with each packet and still come out with a net gain.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

For sure - I'm not going to argue the point. We all know that smoking is pretty stupid.

But the 'feed my kids or feed my habit' is not an accurate reflection of the choices people make. And given how much smoking is taxed the government can probably give away free food with each packet and still come out with a net gain.
Strike a light!!!. Something we agree on.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

esmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the roughesmaree is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=brizzle;8107996]Here's the link:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...da-hunger.html

Seems a very large number to me, out of a total population of just over 30m.

If you think thats bad, how do you like 13 million out of a population of 49 million...WELCOME TO SOUTH AFRICA!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:28 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Today is the Foodbank fundraiser. Getcha credit cards out ...

https://www.vancity.com/MyCommunity/...hips/Foodbank/