Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

6month visa waiver u.k tourist

Wikiposts

6month visa waiver u.k tourist

Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:04 am
Just Joined

liam62244 is a jewel in the roughliam62244 is a jewel in the roughliam62244 is a jewel in the roughliam62244 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 6month visa waiver u.k tourist

Originally Posted by youngun01
i have been here 29 months on visa extentions every time time applied i put for 1 year and every time i got 1 year extention i just got 1 this week for another as long as you can prove it they will give it theres no limit i dont think but. thats without leaveing canada
It would be good to find out more info on this. So you stayed 6 months then asked them to extend it to one year. Did you then leave the country or once the year came you asked to entend it again? What excuse did you give them as to why you wanted to be in Canada for so long.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

youngun01 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh i got 6 months stamped in britsh passport when i first came over then when with lawyer to get lmo with a company but never worked out but they got me another 6 month and then a year extention. then it ran out in feb this year and i did my self and have now got another 1 year but i am applying for common law at the same time this time and been here 29 months in canada and have not left .
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:47 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngun01
yeh i got 6 months stamped in britsh passport when i first came over then when with lawyer to get lmo with a company but never worked out but they got me another 6 month and then a year extention. then it ran out in feb this year and i did my self and have now got another 1 year but i am applying for common law at the same time this time and been here 29 months in canada and have not left .
So you are not allowed to work, being a visitor only?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

youngun01 is an unknown quantity at this point

nope am not allowed to work until i get first stage approval but all these days a vistor goes towards citizen ship in the end 1 day as a vistor equals half aday towards to