Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

6ft6in disabled bloke flying uk to vancouver, which airline for legroom?

Wikiposts

6ft6in disabled bloke flying uk to vancouver, which airline for legroom?

Old May 1st 2013, 5:17 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default 6ft6in disabled bloke flying uk to vancouver, which airline for legroom?

hi all, if anyone knows you lot will... my mother and her hubby are flying out in july and he cant sit still for more than about an hour without being in serious pain so will need to be able to wander about a bit, but primarily he needs legroom to be comfy. cost is a secondary (but still important consideration)

i always fly air transat cos its cheap but i dont fancy his chances of managing that flight! how much bigger is club class?

i know he cant have the seats by the doors as you have to be able bodied to use those ones to help people off in an emergency.

anyone reccomend? thanks
Old May 1st 2013, 5:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6ft6in disabled bloke flying uk to vancouver, which airline for legroom?

This chart may help you decide on which airline: http://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_economy.php

"... Seat Pitch: The distance between two rows of seats, this is the best indicator of legroom. More is better... "

Edit: Air Transat Premium Economy (Club Class) seat pitch is 34"

Last edited by Siouxie; May 1st 2013 at 5:31 am.
Old May 1st 2013, 6:45 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6ft6in disabled bloke flying uk to vancouver, which airline for legroom?

Originally Posted by __TJ__
hi all, if anyone knows you lot will... my mother and her hubby are flying out in july and he cant sit still for more than about an hour without being in serious pain so will need to be able to wander about a bit, but primarily he needs legroom to be comfy. cost is a secondary (but still important consideration)

i always fly air transat cos its cheap but i dont fancy his chances of managing that flight! how much bigger is club class?

i know he cant have the seats by the doors as you have to be able bodied to use those ones to help people off in an emergency.

anyone reccomend? thanks
Depends on your budget (or air miles quota), BA Club World is the best value for leg room.
Old May 1st 2013, 12:07 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

where do i find the seat pitch for air transat regular seats? cos theres no way he could cope with that and i want to know how much more room you get. thanks.

(p.s. didnt say money was no object... )
Old May 1st 2013, 12:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

where do i find the seat pitch for air transat regular seats? cos theres no way he could cope with that and i want to know how much more room you get. thanks.

http://bit.ly/10twEX7

Economy class is going to be less than the one I gave you earlier, so if he wouldn't cope with 34" he isn't going to cope with normal class on Transat!
Old May 1st 2013, 1:07 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

AT Club Class is about the same as BA Premium Economy (which are the old club world seats). I still would not go less the the current club world.
Old May 1st 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

You can pay extra to get the bulk head seats. A lot more leg room than in a normal row and much less expensive than business class. Plus he can stand up quite comfortably without having somebody's seat pushed in his stomach.
Old May 1st 2013, 2:00 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
You can pay extra to get the bulk head seats. A lot more leg room than in a normal row and much less expensive than business class. Plus he can stand up quite comfortably without having somebody's seat pushed in his stomach.
Book with Air Transat, reserve your seats and you will clearly see the seats with extra legroom marked as such.
They cost another $60 each way, I think.

Be aware, though, that disabled people are NOT allowed to book the extra legroom seats next to the emergency exits.
It states this clearly on the site when you visit it.
Old May 1st 2013, 3:12 pm
finally together...

yes we know they are not allowed on exit seats, i was asking about the normal seats on AT so i knew how much extra legroom they get, just wondering.

i think we are going to go with Air canada they work out marginally cheaper and have the legroom we are looking for. thanks guys for your help.
Old May 1st 2013, 4:02 pm
Banned

yes we know they are not allowed on exit seats, i was asking about the normal seats on AT so i knew how much extra legroom they get, just wondering.

i think we are going to go with Air canada they work out marginally cheaper and have the legroom we are looking for. thanks guys for your help.
I presume you mean Premium Economy on Air Canada because their economy class seats are smaller than Air Transat!

Air Transat Economy Class 32-33.0

Air Canada Economy Class 30.0-32.0
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:30 am
finally together...

thanks siouxie had misread that.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

My son worked on check in for a while. I'm sure he said they had to help people over a certain height FOC so surely if he is disabled there is even more of a reason. I would check with them as he might be entitled to the best seat in the house anyway?