Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

684 Quit Britain Every Day!

684 Quit Britain Every Day!

Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough
Default 684 Quit Britain Every Day!

A story in this weekend's UK News Of The World claims 684 people quit the UK every day

The 3 main reasons given are IMMIGRATION, CRIME and TAX

Interestingly Canada does not even get a mention as a destination! It says Australia, New Zeland, Spain and France are the main destinations

The full story is here..
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2701_immigration.shtml

You can leave your thoughts/comments too
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: 684 Quit Britain Every Day!

Quite alot come back too...eventually.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:28 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

What about all the people that left because they were sick of living in a country populated by ****wits who pay any attention to what the news of the world prints?

Admittedly, I never spoke to any of them other than while doing the weekly Sainsbury's shop, but still, it was galling to know how many of them were around. I like being oblivious to Canada's lower orders.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Happy_Feet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Well we left, came back and now we are ready to leave again
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:43 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
I like being oblivious to Canada's lower orders.
How on earth did you manage that amazing trick ? Did you join a cult ?

They're all around, illiterate, racist, tub-thumping fundamentalists, the dozy, the stupid, the inane and gullible, the terrible drivers, and plaid-wearers aplenty.

R.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:49 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich_007
How on earth did you manage that amazing trick ? Did you join a cult ?

They're all around, illiterate, racist, tub-thumping fundamentalists, the dozy, the stupid, the inane and gullible, the terrible drivers, and plaid-wearers aplenty.
Oh sure, them. But they're still quaint to me, 'cos I'm new here.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:50 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Maybe true ...but I will not be one of them..

Interesting article none the less and the first time I can claim to have read The News of the World in 20 years ....last I knew it was a poor mans Sunday Sport
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

BRITONS are leaving the country in record numbers—thanks to spiralling levels of IMMIGRATION, CRIME and TAX. Government figures set to be released later this year will show that an astonishing 250,000 people fled Britain in 2007. That's 684 A DAY—or ONE every TWO MINUTES. And it's a massive 21 PER CENT increase on the 207,000 who went in 2006—and up nearly 70 PER CENT from the 149,000 who left in 1997.
Now experts expect this year's total to be even higher as hard-pressed families seek a new life in the sun—with Australia, New Zealand, France and Spain the top destinations.

The UK has a population of some 60 million. So this annual exodus, which comes across as a calamity, is less than one half of one percent. Put another way, at least 99.5% will stay. So what is all the excitement about?

Meanwhile, huge numbers of foreigners are pouring INTO the UK, with 591,000 settling here in 2006. And there has been a 90 PER CENT increase in immigration over the past ten years—from 327,000 in 1997 to an estimated 620,000 last year. Emigration expert Paul Arthur believes the numbers leaving will continue to rise.

Ironically those who leave are also foreigners when they arrive in the country of their choice.

He said: "We have had record enquiries about emigration over this winter, with people not just wanting to escape the bleak weather, but seeking a whole change of lifestyle.

"Many are unhappy with the levels of crime, high taxes and the general way of life. Overseas there are more career opportunities, particularly in Australia and New Zealand which have huge shortfalls in skilled labour."

This may be true but there is no country on the globe which is a paradise.

Typical of those leaving are plasterer Damian Barrett and wife Alison. The couiple, both 37, who are emigrating from Bolton-le-Sands, Lancs, with kids Holly, eight, and Joseph, six, to Auckland, New Zealand. Alison said: "We're tired of Britain, with its unfair tax system, crime, and live-to-work ethic. There are also too many foreigners coming in and using up all our resources. We want a better life."

Now that is rich. Too many foreigners using up resources. And what of this family of 4? Foreigners they will certainly become. And if they fall upon hard times they may well one day be using up someone else's resources in some distant land.

Last edited by montreal mike; Jan 28th 2008 at 2:57 am.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:55 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Happy_Feet
A story in this weekend's UK News Of The World claims 684 people quit the UK every day

The 3 main reasons given are IMMIGRATION, CRIME and TAX
I would've thought that the main reason for 684 people a day leaving the UK would be EMIGRATION.

But you wouldn't expect the News of the World to figure that out for themselves, would you?

Also, I don't think CRIME is any easier to get away with here and TAX seems quite prevalent as well.

<<Admin Snip>>

Last edited by Sue; Jan 28th 2008 at 1:11 pm. Reason: No need for name calling
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I would've thought that the main reason for 684 people a day leaving the UK would be EMIGRATION.
I suspect the fact that the UK feels increasingly like a foreign country might have more to do with it; if you have to live in a foreign country, why live in one that's miserable, expensive and soggy when there are much better alternatives?

Seriously, Britain bears little to no resemblance to the country I grew up in; Canada is far more British than Britain, these days.

Also, I don't think CRIME is any easier to get away with here
The Canadian police haven't yet suffered political correctness to the point where the scum can commit crimes with little to no chance of punishment, while the middle class are persecuted for minor infringements of nonsense rules. And the only crime we have around here is people stealing the building supplies that the construction workers leave lying around in the open all night... that's far less of a worry to me than the chavs setting cars on fire around where I worked.

TAX seems quite prevalent as well.
According to the OECD, the Canadian government takes a lower percentage of GDP in taxes than the British government, and things generally seem to work here. Britons apparently now pay more tax than Germans, yet when I visited Germany a couple of years ago it seemed like a utopia in comparison.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:19 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
"We have had record enquiries about emigration over this winter, with people not just wanting to escape the bleak weather, but seeking a whole change of lifestyle.
Yes but most of them are just lazy daydreamers, they want an easy life and basically a big long holiday, once they realise it's not all pink fluffy bunnies and rose tinted sunglasses, they hop back to the warm comforting teat of home.

Most can't take a few knocks here and there. They've been excessively mollycoddled by the nanny state and thus have very thin skin. Plus when they finally open their eyes and find out about the vacation allowance......

R.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:26 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Seriously, Britain bears little to no resemblance to the country I grew up in; Canada is far more British than Britain, these days.
Yeah, right. Maybe in Saskatoon, but I doubt it.

The Canadian police haven't yet suffered political correctness to the point where the scum can commit crimes with little to no chance of punishment, while the middle class are persecuted for minor infringements of nonsense rules.
Splutter. Lessee. Saskatchewan, eh? Frozen First Nations drunks left outside of town to perish in the cold? Or was that Manitoba?

According to the OECD, the Canadian government takes a lower percentage of GDP in taxes than the British government, and things generally seem to work here. Britons apparently now pay more tax than Germans, yet when I visited Germany a couple of years ago it seemed like a utopia in comparison.
Move there to Germany then. I did. But then I came back to Canada.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:28 am
Lotus-eater

Move there to Germany then. I did. But then I came back to Canada.
They deported you ?

R.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

But then I came back to Canada.
I can only wonder why, given you appear to hate it so much.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:30 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by MarkG
I can only wonder why, given you appear to hate it so much.
What on earth gave you that idea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.