Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

5 Reasons to Stay in Uk ?

5 Reasons to Stay in Uk ?

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:38 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 Reasons to Stay in Uk ?

1.............The Yob Culture.
2.............Listening to the attractive language ( Swearing)
3.............Paying high taxes.to support teenage mothers.
4.............Being scared to go out at night alone.
5.............Old people being attacked in their own homes.
6.............Suicide bombers.
7.............Increasing crime rates throughout UK
8.............The Labour Party.

Giving this a great deal of thought................Yep Canada for me,and before everyone says its just the same there.......depends where you live and what you want from life.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:53 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 5 Reasons to Stay in Uk ?

Giving this a great deal of thought................Yep Canada for me,and before everyone says its just the same there.......depends where you live and what you want from life.[/QUOTE]

The very same thing could be said about the uk. Im sure there are out of the way places where crime is very low. Going to canada isnt going to be that far removed from the uk. In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by buzz365
Going to canada isnt going to be that far removed from the uk. In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.
Really?

Who is more worried?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:09 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Giving this a great deal of thought................Yep Canada for me,and before everyone says its just the same there.......depends where you live and what you want from life.

The very same thing could be said about the uk. Im sure there are out of the way places where crime is very low. Going to canada isnt going to be that far removed from the uk. In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.[/QUOTE]
NOPE...........................Disagree........... ..........
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:47 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossandvi
6.............Suicide ers.

I'm sorry but isn't that 8 reasons?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I'm sorry but isn't that 8 reasons?
No. 9 ... The decline in the quality of maths teaching in schools
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

1. The Rain.
2. Chav Central.
3. The Small houses.
4. The narrow roads.
5. The Traffic....Spoke to my father in law today and it took him 4 hours to get to work today and 2 to come back...he commutes 40 miles to work.....I just loved paying the road tax in the UK, and the higher cost of fuel for the pleasure.

Actually, at the MO there is NOTHING that would keep me in the UK...I just have different luxuries now.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:35 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

The very same thing could be said about the uk. Im sure there are out of the way places where crime is very low. Going to canada isnt going to be that far removed from the uk. In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.
NOPE...........................Disagree........... ..........[/QUOTE]

Hey its a free world ............your allowed to........
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:31 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryBlade
No. 9 ... The decline in the quality of maths teaching in schools
OK I'll play:

1. Soggy Bacon
2. Bad Service
3. Erm? Can't think of anymore.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.
Still wondering who "they" are and why "they are more worried living there than they were living in London"

And in addition to the other reasons:

1) Lack of respect for others and their property

2) Agression towards others (in cars, on foot whatever)

3) Traffic (I know it's been mentioned but it used to drive me mad)

4) Litter

5) The decline in quality of the media (I know it's not good here, but we knew that and can handle that)

6) Fragile credit-fuelled economy that actually produces very little.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

The very same thing could be said about the uk. Im sure there are out of the way places where crime is very low. Going to canada isnt going to be that far removed from the uk. In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.[/QUOTE]

In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.[/QUOTE]
Who is? Can anyone explain this bit to me please?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:36 am
jedi in training

Originally Posted by Patsy
In fact they are more worried living there than they were living in london.[/QUOTE]
Who is? Can anyone explain this bit to me please?[/QUOTE]

Sorry dizzy me! ..........i ment to say my family who left here to live in canada. They report the same sort of behaviour there as over here,but in toronto for example gang culture is big compared to here.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

6.............Suicide bombers.

No one should make the decision to leave a country like Britain permanently based on the kind of stuff they read in the Daily Mail. This paper must be responsible for more Brits moving abroad than anything else.

It is a mistake to turn a country into Utopia while dreaming in your home nation, because when you get there it seems so much dirtier than it should be.

If you think tax is high in the UK, wait till you get to Canada, where, incidentally, you are more likely to be robbed than in the UK. Also jobs are not as easy to find there and are not as well paid.

I'm not certain too many of the Brits heading out to Canada realise how much bigger the government is there compared with Britain, and how much higher the tax is. Compared with Britain, Canada is well into large bureaucratic government and regulations. It is my honest belief that many Brits just think Canada is a kind of America Lite that's easier to get into than the real thing. This is a big mistake to make, because Canada is very different from the US and differs in important matters from the UK as well. It's more like a kind of enormous Sweden.

As for crime, I recently read of someone getting killed with a chainsaw in their house in NS. And then there's the increase of drive-by shootings in Toronto. When I was in Canada last I woke up to the news that the torched body of a woman had been found in Edmonton. Crime is everywhere.

It's so important to be objective when thinking about moving abroad. I think the majority of those that come back to the UK with their tails between their legs are those that saw Britain as all-evil and Canada (or Australia or wherever) as Utopia.

So, even though I intend to leavethe UK, I am leaving with an open mind, and here is my list of 5 reasons for those of you who might want to stay in the UK:

1. Lots and lots of jobs.
2. Lower tax and higher wages.
3. Easy access to places like Paris, Rome, Amstersdam, etc., for weekend breaks.
4. Good quality of goods in the shops.
5. Access to huge cultural variety and places of historical importance.

Last edited by Tableland; Aug 24th 2005 at 12:33 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
OK I'll play:

1. Soggy Bacon
2. Bad Service
3. Erm? Can't think of anymore.
Hey!!!! Leave english bacon out of this, it may be soggy depending on who cooks it, but at least there is some meat on it. I miss it
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tableland
If you think tax is high in the UK, wait till you get to Canada, where, incidentally, you are more likely to be robbed than in the UK. Also jobs are not as easy to find there and are not as well paid.
I pay less tax than I did in the UK, have an equivalent paying job and am less likely to be the victim of violent crime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.