3xBB’s

Old Oct 10th 2020, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Tsbeeby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3xBB’s

CANADA 🇨🇦 ❤️

Hello, we are looking for regions within Canada that offer the warmest driest summers and that also have the mildest winters.

We’re considering emigrating from the UK but are getting confused with the wealth of weather information online.

We currently live in a small village in England in a semi rural environment so prefer countryside & beach location. We are 30 mins from main uk airport (LGW) and close to towns and city of London which is an hour away by train so we ultimately have the best of both worlds.

Canadian cosmopolitan cities greatly appeal but think after living in a small town village in England we would find city life too busy and intimidating. My husband is a quantity surveyor (construction estimator) so he would need an easy commute for job opportunities.

Priorities: we are looking for warm temperate climate, super friendly people, and top notch healthcare system.

We appreciate Canada generally has lots of snow but believe there are areas that have milder winters. The challenge is finding somewhere that also offers warm, dry summers. Places like Vancouver would unfortunately feel slightly too cool in summertime for us with the max typical temperature here in height of summer averaging 22 degrees.

We got married twenty Christmases ago in the Banff Springs Hotel, Alberta

Advice and tips are welcome !
Old Oct 10th 2020, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3xBB’s

Not clear from your post but are you eligible to move to Canada, by virtue of citizenship or work? That should probably be your first priority - have a read of all the details in the Wiki above to guide you if required.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your message Twitcher
Eligible by virtue of work
We did an online Canada consultation points assessment

Old Oct 10th 2020, 5:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tsbeeby View Post
Thanks for your message Twitcher
Eligible by virtue of work
We did an online Canada consultation points assessment
And how many points do you score on the CRS? Do you score enough to qualify without a job offer?

In all honesty I think you’ll have to choose between mild winters or dry summers. Coastal BC was the place that sprung to mind when you said mild winters, but it’s pretty damp there for a lot of the year.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958 View Post
Not clear from your post but are you eligible to move to Canada, by virtue of citizenship or work? That should probably be your first priority - have a read of all the details in the Wiki above to guide you if required.
I actually think the op is right to do some homework about Canada before embarking on a potentially long and expensive PR application.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Apparently we score 61 out of the necessary 67 points and that's without a job offer. Perhaps that leaves us in a precarious position unless we get younger, learn rapide French and present more 'adaptability' but not sure how that last part works.

I get your point about having to potentially concede to choosing between our summer v winter preferences, its probably why Ive been going around in circles trying to find the ideal happy medium compromise.

Last edited by Tsbeeby; Oct 10th 2020 at 7:23 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

exactly, - we're not about to engage in long or expensive PR applications at this point of our decision making, hence I thought to come on here and see if I can get some hands-on advice about regional summer / winter weather. Obviously there's a ton of info online but I thought asking some basic climate questions for starters might help me to begin with on top of all the extensive reading Ive already done. I think its a clear case of choosing one or the other though in terms of summer v winter.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 8:13 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tsbeeby View Post
Apparently we score 61 out of the necessary 67 points and that's without a job offer. Perhaps that leaves us in a precarious position unless we get younger, learn rapide French and present more 'adaptability' but not sure how that last part works.

I get your point about having to potentially concede to choosing between our summer v winter preferences, its probably why Ive been going around in circles trying to find the ideal happy medium compromise.
Please stop using 'consultants' websites - some are trying to encourage you to use them and will often let you think you are in with a chance, just to secure your money goes there way! Use the official website to determine what you might qualify for (with a little help from our members and experts)

61 points is too low just to qualify as a Federal Skilled Worker - you need a minimum of 67 to qualify -- However, once you have that, then you need to ascertain your CRS points to see if you stand any chance of being invited to emigrate to Canada, or whether you will need Provincial Nomination or a job offer. I strongly suggest before you start making any plans on where you would like to live that you ascertain that you can actually move here. Christmasoompa has posted a very good guide on the steps you need to take to determine this - you can find it in our wiki. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration

As to areas - BC will be too wet and probably too cool, but with milder winter and the ocean. Ontario will be too hot and too cold - and no ocean (only lakes) - the East coast will be too cold in winter, summer weather may be glorious or it may be too hot / too cold.. but you do have water views.
This website might be of use to you - official temperatures / climate / rainfall / snowfall https://climate.weather.gc.ca/
Put in the first 3 letters of any town or city to get the stats https://climate.weather.gc.ca/climat...v&lstProvince=

Edited to add this link to the jobbank for work opportunities https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/jobs/3267/ca

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 10th 2020 at 11:46 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2020, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin View Post
I actually think the op is right to do some homework about Canada before embarking on a potentially long and expensive PR application.
Oh, I totally agree. But it doesn’t sound as though the OP qualifies for PR without a job offer, so they may just have to go wherever they can find an employer prepared to sponsor them, and may not get their first (or even second or third) choice of location, depending on their job of course.