Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

3 year plan. Possible?

3 year plan. Possible?

Old Jul 19th 2013, 9:51 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 year plan. Possible?

Originally Posted by george82
i want a better start in life for my kids, thats all i want in terms of work im a plumber to trade which involves plumbing and gas but im willing to do anything to make a better life for my kids if i need to do something different i would and i would give it 110% the immigration into the uk doesnt bother me its the fact that they just let anyone in if i need to jump through all these hurdles to get into a country then i guess its the same for everyone.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
+1
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light

ok so my next question is this if im wanting to go in approx 3 years when should i start with all my form filling after reading a lot of posts i think i may try it myself i would apply under the FSW as im a plumber
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi george82, I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on your plan, but someone mentioned earlier about it being 800 km's for you to travel to see your brother.
Okay that seems a long way to go, but basically it's an 8 hour drive and it's not unreasonable for your brother and you to pick a spot halfway, and meet there for a weekend every now and then.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks a lot that was what i/we were planning on doing
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:38 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

ok so my next question is this if im wanting to go in approx 3 years when should i start with all my form filling after reading a lot of posts i think i may try it myself i would apply under the FSW as im a plumber
You apply when and if your trade/profession is on the list. Even if f it is on the list now there is no guarantee that it will stay on it.
Check CIC wait times for how long the current applications are taking. You would have one year to land after the date of your medicals, then up to three years after that as you have to be in Canada for two years out of the previous. five to maintain PR.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:44 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

FSW (Trades) applications for Plumbers are being accepted now (with no cap), however, there are no guarantee that that profession will be on the list next year.

I would strongly suggest getting your qualifications recognised and any trade certification done now and apply now - it will take at least a year for the application to be processed.

Once you receive your COPR (which allows you to 'land' as a PR) and land you can leave again straight away if you want to. You just have to ensure that you are in Canada for 730 days during the 5 years after you have 'landed'. - so you would have the time you need to move over, even if you applied now.

You can read more about the trades stream here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

hi great thats exactly what i needed to know another question is for my family am i better applying for there visa too at this point or wait till i have been approved. you wouldnt happen to know who i send my qualifications too to get them recognised
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

hi great thats exactly what i needed to know another question is for my family am i better applying for there visa too at this point or wait till i have been approved. you wouldnt happen to know who i send my qualifications too to get them recognised
You have to include your family on your application if you want them to get PR too. You mentioned the FSW above, but you are aware that plumbers aren't on the list of eligible occupations for that visa, or did you mean the Federal Skilled Trade program?

Re: your qualifications, it tells you on the CIC website, it will depend on where you're going.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

yes sorry the trade program, whats the difference
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

yes sorry the trade program, whats the difference
Two completely different visa programs, of the 50+ available! Both result in PR though.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

yeah its a bit confusing is it easier to get in through this program than the other
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You would not qualify for the normal FSW program as your job is not on 'that' list - or else you would need to find an employer willing to offer you a job to come under the FSW2 (with job) stream.

Stick with the Trades stream - it's the easier one of the two for you - you just need to get your trades certification done.

Have a look at the website I gave you earlier, it has links to each Province which tells you how to become certified for your trade.

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

yeah its a bit confusing is it easier to get in through this program than the other
Well, yes, given that you don't qualify for FSW at the moment! Plumbers aren't on that list, they're only on the list of eligible occupations for the FSTP.

HTH.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

great thanks for the help