Reload this Page >

24 Year old thinking of moving to canada

24 Year old thinking of moving to canada

Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:13 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 24 Year old thinking of moving to canada

Originally Posted by Granville4
What time is it light till if you dont hit the slops till 6.30
It's dark. The mountains on the North Shore of Vancouver have floodlit ski slopes that stay open until about 10:30 - 11:00. It's pretty amazing, especially if you get a clear night.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:20 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
It's dark. The mountains on the North Shore of Vancouver have floodlit ski slopes that stay open until about 10:30 - 11:00. It's pretty amazing, especially if you get a clear night.
I did the same but in Quebec. I found it really trippy.

Which is a good thing.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

There is plenty of opportunities to play competitively. I can only talk about Southern Ontario but I'm sure it's pretty much the same across Canada. There are several competitive leagues, and I know the competitive team here has open trials every year. There is also 'House Leagues' as they call them here, for an organised but not too competitive atmosphere. Your coaching abilities will be welcomed if you're interested in helping out a younger team.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Canadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant future

Yes , you would have to do a written test and a practical test. Each Province has it's own Ministry of Education that conducts such tests.

here is a link to the Ontario testing website for plumbers.

http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/trainin...tradecert.html

Jim B. Toronto.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:35 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

i am just replying cause i am an arsenal fans as well and don't know what i would do if i could'nt watch them any more
Either move on with your life or stay in the UK?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:25 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Granville................I'd say go for it! You're young with no commitments, so give it a whirl.
You said no-one mentions summers........that's probably because at the moment we're experiencing the joys (?) of winter and summer seems such a long way off. Where I live in South Western Ontario, about 15 minutes drive from Lake Huron, Summer comes pretty late, after a couple of months of Spring. We don't really count on good weather til after the Victoria Day weekend in mid-May; after that those of us who enjoy gardening can get out there and start planning summer crops. From then on it gets steadily hotter and hotter until July and August when the humidity levels are so high as to be unbearable. This is when the large stores are full of shoppers who go to enjoy the air-conditoning! There are certain places I personally wouldn't visit in the middle of summer because of the heat, humidity and biting insects.........having said that, time out at the lake is fabulous; I always recommend people visiting me to do so in May/June or September/October as the weather is kinder. As previous contributors have said, Canada is such a huge country and differs widely from one part to another. Bear in mind that my experiences will probably differ from someone from another part of the same province....that's how diverse it is.
Good luck, whatever your decision
Old Feb 16th 2008, 1:33 am
Just Joined

pudsix is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Everyone

I would like some info and advice. I am thinking of moving to Canada, I am a 24 year old man with no commitments and 5 years experience as a plumber and 3 years experience as a gas engineer. I am tired of the UK for same reasons as most people, I am never going to be able to afford my own house no matter what size with out needing my parents to give me money, Working all the hours I can for the tax man to take most of it. It doesn't help that I work in London and have to sit in an hour and a half’s worth of traffic for a 20 min drive. I am activate person with soccer, snowboarding, gym, scuba diving and much more. As long as it has the best of all the seasons the weather does not bother me. so what I would like to know is,
[*]Would it suit my age range[*]where would be the best place to go[*]Would I ever be able to afford a place over there on plumbers wages[*]Is traffic any different [*]Is average working hours any different [*]The main thing that people miss from the UK

Any advice is welcome
thank you
you have really some good advice here. I would think you might like to try New brunswick. Fredericton is a nice city and they need lots of plumbers here and we are all converting to gas. A company called Embridge. You might like to google them.
We have snowy winters and beautiful summers and prices for housing is in all ranges. I go to tje UK every chance I get because of family there in London. I could never afford to live there either but you can always go back and visit.