Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

2 weeks in November....

View Poll Results: British Columbia and Washington or LA and Las Vegas?!!
Vegas and Hollywood Baby!
77.78%
Snow and Seattle!
22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

2 weeks in November....

Old Nov 20th 2010, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Zercher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 weeks in November....

Clearly sunny Nevada has kicked the North's arse!!

Think we're gonna do a hot n cold holiday actually though. Prob tour Van, then possibly Seattle, Whistler and then Vegas!
Old Nov 20th 2010, 2:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agr
Isn't the north rim closed this time of year?
No. Not yet.

But the OP could simply miss out the pointless and debilitating trip to Las ****ing Vegas and go to the south side.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Nov 20th 2010 at 2:24 am.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Zercher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
No. Not yet.

But the OP could simply miss out the pointless and debilitating trip to Las ****ing Vegas and go to the south side.
Not a fan I take it?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zercher
Not a fan I take it?
Most definitely not.

Some decades ago I lived in Southern California for 5 years. Every time we had visitors from Europe they wanted to go to Las Vegas.

Jeez, you can get sick of that crap very quickly.
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to allPaul in Victoria is a name known to all

San Fran is awesome!
check weather, but it beats Vegas, etc
Old Nov 21st 2010, 9:42 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zercher
You're so on my wavelength

I was going to ask about Grand Canyon actually - been looking at some tour options...not sure which ones are good so am open to recommendations!
If you are using Vegas as a base look at allvegastourcompany.com They have a South Rim air and ground tour. They pick you up and take you to the airport near Boulder City. The flight is on Scenic Airlines.
It's about a four hour bus ride each way otherwise.
The west rim is closer and has the skywalk.
The North Rim is still open but is a fairly long ride from Vegas.
If you would like to see some pictures have a look at my gallery. I have shots from the air, the Colorado River and the ground. I've done the CG every way you can. Flown it, rafted it (several times), hiked it and muled it.
It is possible to do Bryce Canyon and Zion in a day but it's a fair haul.
If it's spectacular scenery you want Utah has a ton of it. As well as Bryce and Zion there is The Arches N.P., Canyonlands N.P. Capitol Reef N.P and other State Parks.