Reload this Page >

2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:45 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough
Default 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

Hi,
Just received our copy of Canada news today. reading through it i was shocked to see CIC London are reporting "skilled woekers can expect a 2 1/2 - 3 year wait if appling anytime now i.e Jan 05"

We have been following the threads here and hope to hear from CIC around Jun 05 (we applied Jun 04). Are we being a little hopeful or are others thinking along the same time line.

I remember reading a post saying people who applied after Sept 04 can expect a 18 - 24 Month wait? But 36 Months WoW!!!!!

Karen
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 4:57 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

Personally I'd take 24 to 36 months as very realistic right now, queue of 500k PR applications at any time. It's a tough one, some folks put their life on hold for 2-3 years, others just bowl on as if nothing mattered. depends on personality type, pressures, worries and desirees/reason for emigrating.

Don't forget there are ways many professions can get there temporarily (plus Bunac) so try investigating first.

Best of luck.

Rich.

Originally Posted by karen&Ted
Hi,
Just received our copy of Canada news today. reading through it i was shocked to see CIC London are reporting "skilled woekers can expect a 2 1/2 - 3 year wait if appling anytime now i.e Jan 05"

We have been following the threads here and hope to hear from CIC around Jun 05 (we applied Jun 04). Are we being a little hopeful or are others thinking along the same time line.

I remember reading a post saying people who applied after Sept 04 can expect a 18 - 24 Month wait? But 36 Months WoW!!!!!

Karen
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

karenr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karen
I had the same reaction when I read the paper . I had seen the posts with people getting the medical requests after 1 year . I was starting to hope that things were speeding up . We got our AOR in July 2004 and was starting to feel quite positive again .Well thats that !!!
I do wonder though if they are quoting 2 1/2 years as the worst scenario , or is this me clutching at straws !!! I suppose if it is speeding up then it will become more apparant over the next couple of months .
Meanwhile we will continue with our planned goodbye trips around england and Europe . I do find that following all the research , having other plans to concentrate on does help . I am sure when I am at my absolute busiest things will happen ,thats called trying to second guess sods law !!!!!

So to everyone still waiting and trying to read all the "clues" in our favour :scared: Good luck
Karen
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

ritchierich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

So, if it takes my partnet and I 2 1/2 - 3 years to get in. Is there anyway I can get in now to work? I know I can go through applying for the works visa, but obviously need a job offer (I'm a qualified careers adviser and youth worker in the uK). However, after speaking to companies in Kamloops, BC there is no way I can get work through this option. I also teach canoeing and have other skills but will be prepared to do anything, does anyone have any ideas of what work I can do (and I mean anything!) that would virtualy guarantee an offer of employment? Is it this easy?? Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Unhappy Re: 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

I do hope very much that this is not correct, I know of people that are receiving medical requests now that only applied 12 Months ago so the applications must have more than doubled in that time, We applied early January 04 received AOR 5 March 04 and were hoping to be there by this Autumn really don’t want to wait another year as we have already sold are house and are living in rented accommodation still that may not be such a bad thing with the UK housing market.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

photoads is an unknown quantity at this point

We went down the route of getting a Job offer and are out here on a 1 year work permit. I have since got a letter saying I have a job for 3 years (subject to company normal terms and conditions). If trying for a work permit try to get a job offer for 3 years, this way your partner is eligible for OHIP cover. We felt rather than waiting 2-3 years with no idea if we'd like it, it was best to get a job offer.

When we renew our permit this year we will apply for PR, with enough points and 1 years "Canadian Experience"

Good luck in your decisions
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

balesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

Originally Posted by photoads
We went down the route of getting a Job offer and are out here on a 1 year work permit. I have since got a letter saying I have a job for 3 years (subject to company normal terms and conditions). If trying for a work permit try to get a job offer for 3 years, this way your partner is eligible for OHIP cover. We felt rather than waiting 2-3 years with no idea if we'd like it, it was best to get a job offer.

When we renew our permit this year we will apply for PR, with enough points and 1 years "Canadian Experience"

Good luck in your decisions
How did you manage to get a job? Did you go out there or do it over the net? What are your occupations? Very nosey aren't I but we're desperate to get out there but want a real taste of the Canadian Experience before we comit.
Thanks
Balesy
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

If you click on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-2-1.html
you will see a list of skills required in Canada, these can all be sponcered on the Provincial Nominee system... another link, is http://www.google.ca type what u want google rocks.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:56 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
I do hope very much that this is not correct, I know of people that are receiving medical requests now that only applied 12 Months ago so the applications must have more than doubled in that time, We applied early January 04 received AOR 5 March 04 and were hoping to be there by this Autumn really don’t want to wait another year as we have already sold are house and are living in rented accommodation still that may not be such a bad thing with the UK housing market.

Hi all,

I must stress these time lines were being quoted as of Jan 05 !!!

We are still praying on the 1 yr sanorio??

Keep your chins up WE ARE !!!!!!! Karen
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Karen yea me to just want to get there now and start new life keeping everything crossed
Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Bound is on a distinguished road

Sorry to be the negative one, we are still awaiting med requests we are AOR July 2003 and are really fed up with the wait. The last 6 months has been the tough bit as you know once you reach the first anniversary on the AOR, then Postman Pat could bring that brown envelope anyday!!!!! For us that day is never coming, but who knows what the morning post will bring?????

Helen
Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Canada Bound
Sorry to be the negative one, we are still awaiting med requests we are AOR July 2003 and are really fed up with the wait. The last 6 months has been the tough bit as you know once you reach the first anniversary on the AOR, then Postman Pat could bring that brown envelope anyday!!!!! For us that day is never coming, but who knows what the morning post will bring?????

Helen
Surely you mean AOR July 2004 ???? thats 6 months.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Taffia will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

Originally Posted by Canada Bound

Helen
I think you're lucky the brown envelope didn't come. Sure, 49,000,000 didn't vote for Bush, but think about living with the ones who did.
It's bad enough living so close to the theocratic megalomaniac, but at least we live in a free Country,(so far, until he decides to invade us too. After all,we don't have WMD either.
Helen, as far as I'm concerned, Welcome. Come on down.
Johnny
nb. Helen, I thought you were the 1st. one to post, but I see, many others in the same boat.
Best of luck to all of you. I'm 71, sailed in the '50s, born & bred in Barry, Wales. Came here in '60, for a year. LOL Long bloody year.
Maybe all us ol' codgers should be set adrift,& let the young 'uns in..

Last edited by Taffia; Feb 4th 2005 at 9:10 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Bound is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

Like Helen said July 2003,yes 19 month's and still waiting for that brown envelope!!!! Incredible isn't it that the CHC take so long to process applications when they are crying out for imigrants.Anyway it hopefully won't be much longer to wait & we hope all you other applicants don't have to wait as long.
Kind regards,
Andy & Helen
Old Feb 4th 2005, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: 2 1/2 - 3 years wait??????

I think something is amiss there, if you look at previous postings in here......... people who had AOR in Jan 2003 are now receiving either medical requests or interviews, you should get onto them. Unless of course you are a special case. ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.