Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

1st Landing and layover

1st Landing and layover

Old Feb 24th 2019, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Landing and layover

I think if you look/select Westjet you should know you’ll need to change terminals at Toronto. That’s a PIA also particularly with children.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Why not stay the night at a Toronto hotel, the trip PLUS your landing is gonna be hard enough with jet lag. You could stay at the Sheraton Gateway, it is an in-airport hotel you get at from elevators in terminal 3.

Easy to get between terminals, just hop on the free automated 'link train' monorail, one every few minutes between t1 and t3. Not wonderfully signposted, just ask airport staff. http://torontopearson.com/en/link/# We use this every time we are at Toronto airport as we park at the Value Park multi-storey and it makes getting to the terminals really easy.

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Feb 24th 2019 at 6:44 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:06 am
Just Joined

luciferUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again everyone for ur valuable input. I have spoken with lovely lady from air canada and inform me that I can able to change ticket, just need to pay cancellation fee and book flight within 24hrs of landing. So I am staying Toronto downtown for 1 night. Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2019, 11:35 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luciferUK
Thanks again everyone for ur valuable input. I have spoken with lovely lady from air canada and inform me that I can able to change ticket, just need to pay cancellation fee and book flight within 24hrs of landing. So I am staying Toronto downtown for 1 night. Thanks
Good news!
Old Feb 27th 2019, 11:19 am
Just Joined

luciferUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good news!
thanks
Old Feb 28th 2019, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto "DownTown" is quite a long way from the airport and there's not too much different there for one night than there is in Mississauga (near the airport with airport shuttles)
All you do is spend way more $$$$$$ doing it - Wayyyyyy more !

read alot of the responses and I think it's not impossible to land , grab your bags and get on the booked flight (especially if the outbound is running a little late)
Are dealing with immigration at Toronto or just passing through?

If you;re dealing with immigration then no, you'll not make it - No chance
But to get on with it and get through - You might stand a chance.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 11:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J-A-UK
Toronto "DownTown" is quite a long way from the airport and there's not too much different there for one night than there is in Mississauga (near the airport with airport shuttles)

read alot of the responses and I think it's not impossible to land , grab your bags and get on the booked flight (especially if the outbound is running a little late)

The OP and his family are flying in from the UK for first landing on a visa.

Even if all the family were Canadian nationals, there are two adults, one child, one infant and associated luggage. To try to do that in 1 hour 20 minutes isn't taking a chance, it's crazy!
Old Mar 1st 2019, 12:26 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J-A-UK

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The OP and his family are flying in from the UK for first landing on a visa.
Even if all the family were Canadian nationals, there are two adults, one child, one infant and associated luggage. To try to do that in 1 hour 20 minutes isn't taking a chance, it's crazy!
Luckily they were able to get Air Canada to agree to help them...