Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

1985 Rover SD1 Importing to Canada

1985 Rover SD1 Importing to Canada

Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all
Default Re: 1985 Rover SD1 Importing to Canada

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
I had always wanted to import one of those Smart cars. Gave up on it in the end after deciding it was far too difficult, even if it was possible at all.
They are coming to Canada in the next year, so you can finally have one.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

yonexsp is an unknown quantity at this point

They have a few SMART cars at the Mercedes dealer up the road from my Work. They will go on sale next year here, starting at $16,000 - $20,000. Kinda think they will get squished underneath the wheels of some rednecks truck.

Originally Posted by sysclp
They are coming to Canada in the next year, so you can finally have one.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 6:24 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonexsp
They have a few SMART cars at the Mercedes dealer up the road from my Work. They will go on sale next year here, starting at $16,000 - $20,000. Kinda think they will get squished underneath the wheels of some rednecks truck.

Saw something to that effect on one of the motoring shows, and it turns out they are remarkable crash worthy. Biggest danger is probably losing it in the mall parking lot
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

brianvmcdermott is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought in an 89 Volvo in to Vancouver 3 years ago from the UK. had to get all the federal and provinvial inspections done, but if the vehicle is over 15 years old then it doesn't have to have a bunch of stuff done to it.

if you want me to look more info up on shipping etc then pls let me know.

Brian
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:34 pm
squarepants

£16,000 for a smart car? I will rather buy a KIA SEDONA van for that same price with alot of room, and it seats 7, if you are lucky, it might even come with a dvd

Originally Posted by yonexsp

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

We saw a Smart car here just the other day in Montreal.
Maybe they are already on sale here?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:45 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squarepants
£16,000 for a smart car? I will rather buy a KIA SEDONA van for that same price with alot of room, and it seats 7, if you are lucky, it might even come with a dvd

Doesnt have quite the same low environmental impact, and it'll be a bit harder to park in crowded city streets. You might as well buy an '88 Crown Vic, it costs even less, and you might squeeze 7 in Comparing apples to oranges really. You dont work for Kia do you
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

There was no logical reason for me wanting to import the Smart. It would have been a head turner and a novelty, that's all.