Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

“Access to higher education” accepted?

“Access to higher education” accepted?

Old Jan 19th 2024, 9:55 am
Just Joined

tomoveornotto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default “Access to higher education” accepted?

Hello, I wonder if I could have some advice please.

Is a UK “Access to Higher Education Diploma”, which is equivalent 3 A levels here in the UK, be equivalent to a Canada high school diploma? And is this recognised in the same manner as a NVQ or BTEC for example?

My family and I are considering a move to Canada. My husband has been offered a job so we are discussing as a family, if a move to Canada is right for us.

Our problem is I only have GCSE’s as a qualification. As I understand it, I need A levels in order to be at a high school diploma level, and therefore be employable. My husband will be the high earner but I will need and like to have a job eventually, and I don’t want to be stuck being unemployable.

Does anyone know if an Access to higher education is a recognised qualification, or if I’d be better off having an NVQ or BTEC level 3 instead?

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated, many thanks

edit: or would doing a GED be the better option? I feel very confused about what’s the best thing to do.

Last edited by tomoveornotto; Jan 19th 2024 at 11:55 am.