Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

“Access to higher education” accepted?

“Access to higher education” accepted?

Old Jan 19th 2024, 9:55 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2024
Posts: 1
tomoveornotto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default “Access to higher education” accepted?

Hello, I wonder if I could have some advice please.

Is a UK “Access to Higher Education Diploma”, which is equivalent 3 A levels here in the UK, be equivalent to a Canada high school diploma? And is this recognised in the same manner as a NVQ or BTEC for example?

My family and I are considering a move to Canada. My husband has been offered a job so we are discussing as a family, if a move to Canada is right for us.

Our problem is I only have GCSE’s as a qualification. As I understand it, I need A levels in order to be at a high school diploma level, and therefore be employable. My husband will be the high earner but I will need and like to have a job eventually, and I don’t want to be stuck being unemployable.

Does anyone know if an Access to higher education is a recognised qualification, or if I’d be better off having an NVQ or BTEC level 3 instead?

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated, many thanks

edit: or would doing a GED be the better option? I feel very confused about what’s the best thing to do.

Last edited by tomoveornotto; Jan 19th 2024 at 11:55 am.
tomoveornotto is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.