Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^Free phone number announcement up at the top of the page^

Originally Posted by Mans
No catch.....but friends will be calling on a 08...number.

free for you to receive on your home phone

freinds dial a 08.. number which is not too expensive.....you should check out what freinds will be charged as i'm guessing it would still be at least 3-4pence per minute.....in which case telediscount or other providers would be cheaper for them to use to call you.

Or if you ALL have broadband then as someone already suggested...skype, msn etc would be free.

HTH
Mans
The call rates are listed here: http://callme.britishexpats.com/coun...r.asp?letter=C

Sue
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:22 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

If it's for Vonage, keep away!
We've got it and it's terrible. On the few occasions that you can actually get someone to hear you, there's about a 2 second delay, really bad and embarrassing. Surprisingly Skype is clearer and cheaper.

<EDIT> Oh I see it isn't Vonage, but don't get Vonage

Last edited by Bleech; Jun 21st 2006 at 1:25 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:25 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
The call rates are listed here: http://callme.britishexpats.com/coun...r.asp?letter=C

Sue

Canada is 3pence.....not too bad.
Telediscount is 1pence I think.

rgds
Mans
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:29 pm
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bleech
If it's for Vonage, keep away!
We've got it and it's terrible. On the few occasions that you can actually get someone to hear you, there's about a 2 second delay, really bad and embarrassing. Surprisingly Skype is clearer and cheaper.

<EDIT> Oh I see it isn't Vonage, but if it was dont get it

I have Vonage.....I could not do without it.

I'm still running my business in UK.....back and forth every few weeks. My clients can ring my vonage number and they have no idea that I'm in another country. Very clear, very reliable and great features...voicemail, call diversion, text or e-mail alert of messages.....fantastic...like I said I could not operate without it.

Have you tried their technical helpdesk..sometimes a little finetuning may sort it out....else ask for a new router

rgds
Mans
Old Jun 21st 2006, 2:08 pm

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mans
I have Vonage.....I could not do without it.

I'm still running my business in UK.....back and forth every few weeks. My clients can ring my vonage number and they have no idea that I'm in another country. Very clear, very reliable and great features...voicemail, call diversion, text or e-mail alert of messages.....fantastic...like I said I could not operate without it.

Have you tried their technical helpdesk..sometimes a little finetuning may sort it out....else ask for a new router

rgds
Mans
I rang their tech help desk the otherday and guess what, it was a really clear line The help desk said "It sounds really clear to me" "Well yeah it would do woundn't it"!!! Seems to be that if I call someone in Canada I get the delay, not so much when calling the UK. I've got the super speedy Shaw cable as well, so it can't be that. People often ask if I'm ringing them from the toilet
Old Jun 21st 2006, 2:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The service is provided by

http://fireflytelecom.com/
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:00 pm
Mans

[QUOTE=Bleech]I rang their tech help desk the otherday and guess what, it was a really clear line The help desk said "It sounds really clear to me" "Well yeah it would do woundn't it"!!!

Thats typical....just when you want your line to fail it starts behaving!!!!

If you connected less than 30days ago(or is it14days?) you can disconnect and try skype or an alternative voip provider.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:24 pm

[QUOTE=Mans]
Originally Posted by Bleech
I rang their tech help desk the otherday and guess what, it was a really clear line The help desk said "It sounds really clear to me" "Well yeah it would do woundn't it"!!!

Thats typical....just when you want your line to fail it starts behaving!!!!

If you connected less than 30days ago(or is it14days?) you can disconnect and try skype or an alternative voip provider.
I would really love it to work as the features are excellent.
Think I'll ring them again today to see if they can help again