Wikiposts

$90k

Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:32 am
Glaswegian

Default $90k

You're offered $90K + 5% to 10% bonus.

Do you say yes or try to bargain for more?

Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:37 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $90k

Originally Posted by Glaswegian

Go for broke demand more and settle for less

Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:38 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, and where do i sign? plus, will you be offering this to me again?

though seriously, depends. Is thos much more than you're getting currently, how much have you haggled? any company perks to go along with this?
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:43 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by ksct97
how much have you haggled?
That was just the first offer ... we haven't started talking about the package yet

Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:46 am
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

That was just the first offer ... we haven't started talking about the package yet
then up the ante and go all out... you never know, they might say yes... plus the balls definitely in your court isn't it? they headhunted you...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:49 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by ksct97
then up the ante and go all out... you never know, they might say yes... plus the balls definitely in your court isn't it? they headhunted you...
Time to pop open a beer and have a long hard think ...

Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Glas congrats on the offer - bet it feels good - and if you are feeling confident about the job why not suggest a review after 3 months to $95,000. That way you arn't asking for more before you show you are worth it and it will then be up be them to say .. hmm best not go there - joking!!

Time to pop open a beer and have a long hard think ...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:14 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by macmike41
Hi Glas congrats on the offer - bet it feels good - and if you are feeling confident about the job why not suggest a review after 3 months to $95,000. That way you arn't asking for more before you show you are worth it and it will then be up be them to say .. hmm best not go there - joking!!
I'm up for two jobs at the moment - both have quarterly reviews!!

It's amazing what happens when people get to know who you are

Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea Glas 2 offers now that's networkin - any chance you could drop a hint an get them to start a 'we need him' war .. oooh boy can you feel that 6 figure sallary getting closer an closer?
I'm up for two jobs at the moment - both have quarterly reviews!!

It's amazing what happens when people get to know who you are
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it depends on what value you will be giving the company,I don't know what your job is or skills or for that matter what they are worth.......if thats Canadien $$$ thats just over 70k US per yr........if you flip burgers at Mcdonalds it's great but if your a doctor your in the poor house......myself I wouldn't want it
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:33 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by psb182
if you flip burgers at Mcdonalds it's great but if your a doctor your in the poor house......myself I wouldn't want it
Wouldn't want US$70K per year, be flipping burgers or be a doctor in a poor house??

Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't want US$70K per year, be flipping burgers or be a doctor in a poor house??

just saying "PERSONALLY" wouldn't want it myself meaning working for someone else and depending on your personal skills it could be a good wage or a bad one i.e. the burger flipper or doctor.....not knowing what you do gives me nothing to go on
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:56 am
Glaswegian

just saying "PERSONALLY" wouldn't want it myself meaning working for someone else and depending on your personal skills it could be a good wage or a bad one i.e. the burger flipper or doctor.....not knowing what you do gives me nothing to go on
I'm a professional geek.

You're in New England and US salaries are higher than Canadian salaries, I guess you get paid more than that?

So are you self employed??

Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm a professional geek.

You're in New England and US salaries are higher than Canadian salaries, I guess you get paid more than that?

So are you self employed??

I have my own buisness and yes I belive people have a better income here than Canada as I see French Canadiens every day New England is full of them especially in the construction industry and I may add they are great workers and in general very good people.....is there much call for professional geeks in Canada.....I thought they were all in California...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 12:25 pm
Glaswegian

is there much call for professional geeks in Canada.....
Only if you're an extrovert geek ... I stare at other people's shoes when I talk to them

I thought they were all in California...
Many of the Canadian IT guys are there already ... as a Brit it can be a challenge to work in the US, as a Canadian citizen it's much easier.

US salaries are higher, but depending who you speak to, your living costs are supposed to be way higher (we have decent "free" public health & education systems for example, in Alberta anyway) ... from what I'm told, you get what you pay for in the US and you're all horrified that the Canadian government actually pays for some things

What's a New Englander doing lurking in the Canadian forum anyways ... not getting enough snow down your way?? Eh??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.