Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:44 pm
  #46  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 45
Ghost-Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

Originally Posted by rico29 View Post
Hi there.

If you have any questions about Okotoks then feel free to PM me.
Yeah, is the Timmys still in the same place Should be visiting it soon ..

$28 hr is a 4th year Apprentice wage in the Elk Valley. I think he may not get full coin until he challenges the IP R/S. I never recieved full Journeymans wage until I Upgraded as they put it to IP Red-Seal standard.

What other benefits are on offer? Full medical & Bounus schemes etc etc ?

Regardless: $28 bucks 'n' Hour still kick the arse off any equivilent wage here in the UK for the same job .. $28 = £18 hr ..

Last edited by Ghost-Rider; Jul 26th 2011 at 1:47 pm.
Ghost-Rider is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:39 pm
  #47  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
johnwarner75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

It's not a shoddy wage..
johnwarner75 is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:33 pm
  #48  
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,830
Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

Originally Posted by Ghost-Rider View Post
Yeah, is the Timmys still in the same place Should be visiting it soon ..

$28 hr is a 4th year Apprentice wage in the Elk Valley. I think he may not get full coin until he challenges the IP R/S. I never recieved full Journeymans wage until I Upgraded as they put it to IP Red-Seal standard.

What other benefits are on offer? Full medical & Bounus schemes etc etc ?

Regardless: $28 bucks 'n' Hour still kick the arse off any equivilent wage here in the UK for the same job .. $28 = £18 hr ..
Would not try too much to rely on FX comparisons, 5 years ago that would have been £12.50 an hour. By that theory my pay went up 33% in CDN/GBP and I never saw another dime.

The best comparison is wages to cost of living in the same country.
Aviator is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:38 pm
  #49  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 45
Ghost-Rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

Originally Posted by The Aviator View Post
Would not try too much to rely on FX comparisons, 5 years ago that would have been £12.50 an hour. By that theory my pay went up 33% in CDN/GBP and I never saw another dime.

The best comparison is wages to cost of living in the same country.
Yeah it was 2.4 to the pound when I first landed .. Still not bad for the $ rate.

Totally agree with the Cost of living ..

A Canadian $ pay rate might have level pegged a UK £ rate but it was like 70 - 80 cent for a ltr of GAS ..
Ghost-Rider is offline  
Old Jul 26th 2011, 8:39 pm
  #50  
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,830
Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is $28 an hour a decent wage for Calgary?

Originally Posted by Ghost-Rider View Post
Yeah it was 2.4 to the pound when I first landed .. Still not bad for the $ rate.

Totally agree with the Cost of living ..

A Canadian $ pay rate might have level pegged a UK £ rate but it was like 70 - 80 cent for a ltr of GAS ..
29c not that many years ago.
Aviator is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.