My resident in Belgium

Old Oct 13th 2021, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Luca1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My resident in Belgium

Hello the thing is I moved to Belgium before brexit so I been living in Belgium now for over a year my son is 10 years old he is in school for second year now I apply for resident in Belgium for me and my son I was looking for work in actiris I didn’t get any job but I have saving and my husband and I we have a plasterer company in uk and I got refused for the resident in Belgium can anybody have some kind of advice please what to do next if I can find job how many hours do I have to work a week for m card for my son and I any kind of advice or a little help I appreciate thank you

Last edited by Luca1000; Oct 13th 2021 at 9:32 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2021, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My resident in Belgium

First, learn how to use comma and full stop in sentence. I got sea sick from trying to read your post.

Can you confirm citizenship of all 3 of you?
Has any of you got registration as resident in BE before 1st Jan this year?

If you are British, you can contact UK embassy for assistance. Have a look for their website, there will be some info there.
Also, check gov.uk for Living in Belgium pages, presuming you're Brit.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Luca, do you only hold a British passport, or do you have any other? I'm asking because it doesn't appear that English is your first language, although I appreciate that stress affects writing. Holding a different EU passport would make life much easier.

If you were in Belgium before Brexit, you should have applied for a Article 50 visa and have been granted it, unless (and this is a guess) they believed you couldn't support yourself financially as you won't yet qualify for benefits - is this the reason you were given? In your shoes, I would consult with a immigration lawyer, as your funds/income are being earned in another country so it's an unusual case. From what I see it's the local authorities that make the decision? You need to find out if there is a time limit to lodge an appeal, and a lawyer will help with this. If you can't afford a lawyer, perhaps there is an equivalent of Het Juridisch Loket as we have in the Netherlands (like a British Citizen's Advice Bureau).

According to this, you have until the end of this year to apply for an Article 50 visa Europa.eu - Belgium. Details from the Belgian government are here.

It doesn't say how many hours per week you need to work, but I think most countries have used a fixed monthly amount which is around the minimum wage level. I don't know if this (Facebook) group is still active, but you might get some help from others in Belgium by joining BABBS (Brexit and Belgian Brits).

Good luck, please let us know if you're successful
Old Oct 28th 2021, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Luca1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there so I ask a solicitor and they told me to reregister again and find a work ones you have the job they can give me the the resident card