Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Looking at Moving to NL - sell or rent out Uk house

Looking at Moving to NL - sell or rent out Uk house

Old Aug 18th 2018, 12:16 am
Just Joined

rexmedorum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking at Moving to NL - sell or rent out Uk house

I've just found this forum and it looks great. We are considering a move to NL.

We are wondering whether we should rent out or sell our house. It's in Coventry and we're lucky enough to have paid off about half the mortgage and to have savings on top. I know savings are taxed in NL so selling and putting it in bank account may not be smart. Also if we ever wanted to move back I was thinking it would be much easier having a place already (and I guess it would allow us to keep the bank account).

We would probably rent in NL initially as we'd like to sus out the area before buying initially. We happen to be next to a university although letting to students does look like a hassle. We could sell but sadly still within the fixed deal of the mortgage (early repayment fees!) so we thought we'd rent it out until we're ready to buy in NL, or if it woes pear shaped we'd use it as a base to come back.

Funny details is that I was actually born in NL but moved over a decade ago.

What do you guys think?
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking at Moving to NL - sell or rent out Uk house

Welcome..

You will be taxed on your UK property anyway to a certain degree as it has to be declared for tax purposes.
It really boils down to your long term goals.