Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

Old May 21st 2014, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Eire1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for expat groups in Meppel/Zwolle area.

Oh cool, i just checked out the website, it looks really good but tbh I don't think I have a good enough level of Dutch yet to be able to join in conversations. Im hoping to do a course soon and then maybe I could check this out
Old May 23rd 2014, 11:33 am
Just Joined

steffi88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still hoping to make it there tonight so will look for a sign!
(Or bunch of people speaking English)
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Inatiswas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steffi88
I am still hoping to make it there tonight so will look for a sign!
(Or bunch of people speaking English)
See you later!
Old Jun 26th 2014, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

karij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nicekarij1980 is just really nice

Anyone who is from Zwolle, please note that Taalcafe in the Library will shut after tomorrow for 2 months summer vacation! Library is open as normal!
Old Aug 30th 2014, 11:45 am
Just Joined

StephZwolle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

I just moved back to the Netherlands after a year of traveling where I met my Canadian boyfriend, who has moved here with me.

Even though my friends are amazing to him, I'm constantly looking for ways to meet other expats or people who feel a bit more confident speaking english.

I saw this thread with a meet-up in Zwolle (where we are now living) so was curious to hear if this kind of meet-up happens regularly etc. The Taalcafe is unfortunately not an option due to work.

I would love to hear from somebody!

Thanks forward,

Milou
Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:51 am
Just Joined

geordieexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steffi88
I have been living in the Netherlands for 5 years now. I originally moved to Groningen to be with my then boyfriend, now husband.
I reached out to the expat community in Groningen, joined several groups, went to coffee mornings, hosted craft events etc. It was all very nice.
Well at the start of 2014 I moved from Groningen to Meppel, and while it is not that big of a distance (just a 1 hour train journey), it does take a bit more planning and effort to get up there, and I definitely can't get to as many get together as I use to go to.

So I find myself semi starting again, and trying to build up friendships etc, but I don't seem to be yielding much info of groups in the Meppel/Zwolle area. Anyone on here know of any or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
hello, if you find any info please let me know, i also live in the meppel area, with my dutch wife, and two young children, been here coming up two years, lost my job last year, now hardly have any contact with anyone, (small village mentality), and desperate for some english conversation with some like minded people
Old Apr 26th 2015, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

johnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nice

Originally Posted by geordieexpat
hello, if you find any info please let me know, i also live in the meppel area, with my dutch wife, and two young children, been here coming up two years, lost my job last year, now hardly have any contact with anyone, (small village mentality), and desperate for some english conversation with some like minded people
I am English and live in Meppel if you want to hook up for a chat, PM me.