Hello

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

CAH2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hello All

we are looking at moving from York to Eindhoven. My partner is possibly going to be offered a job in Eindhoven and myself and two children girls age 5 and 9 years would go with him.

I am look for general thoughts and opinions of the following

Schools - I have done a lot of reading around and research on the schooling available and think it is better to opt for a dutch state school. Looking at the area we want to be in and the schools available the Jenaplan schools seem to be a very interesting option.
1 Has anyone got direct experience of these schools?
2 Our oldest child is very bright and loves to learn about everything but is also dyslexic (we undertook a full educational assessment because the UK school was doing its best to ignore the issue) , what assistance is provide to children with dyslexia?
3 As someone who has not registered their child for the school at 3.5 year old
how do I go about contacting the school to see if there are any available places?
4 The welcome group for children who do not speak Dutch as their first language has any got any information on how this works or have your children gone through it themselves.
5 From what I am see a lot of the schools seem to speak English is this the case?

I know this is a lot of information to ask for I would be very grateful for any answers. The schools seem to be our biggest concern once that is sorted everything can move on from there.

Also does anyone know website/agents that broker small business sales?
Sorry if I am not supposed to ask this question.

Many Thanks

Catherine Hartley
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Several Jenaplan schools in/around Eindhoven have their own website. Have you tried to contact them directly? That might give you faster and more up-to-date answers about available places, English ability and how they can take care of dyslexic children. What I did notice though, is that all those websites are in Dutch only, no English pages seem available.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 9:10 am
Just Joined

CAH2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello

Thanks, I have looked at the websites and put them through google translate. I am also contacting them directly.
Just looking for peoples thoughts.
Many Thanks
Catherine