British TV in NL

Old Feb 8th 2019, 11:41 am
Just Joined

johnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nice
Default British TV in NL

Does anybody have a TV doodad to watch British TV for free on the net? I used to use FilmOn, but they stopped it outside of the UK and is paid only, same with TransponderTV which was working perfectly until around last September, now only offers a few free channels and is pay to view.
I can get the BBC here, but all but one of the England six nations rugby is on ITV and it is murder not being able to view it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Fugee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British TV in NL

Originally Posted by johnshuttle
Does anybody have a TV doodad to watch British TV for free on the net? I used to use FilmOn, but they stopped it outside of the UK and is paid only, same with TransponderTV which was working perfectly until around last September, now only offers a few free channels and is pay to view.
I can get the BBC here, but all but one of the England six nations rugby is on ITV and it is murder not being able to view it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
​​​​​​Mobdro and Kodi.

Mobdro is simply to use. Kodi is more complicated. What do you use to watch? I use Mobdro on Android and Kodi on Android and Windows.

There should be enough helpful information on YouTube.
Old Feb 9th 2019, 10:52 am
Just Joined

johnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nicejohnshuttle is just really nice

I use a laptop windows 10, does mobdro work on windows?
Old Feb 9th 2019, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Fugee is an unknown quantity at this point

I use a laptop windows 10, does mobdro work on windows?
It's possible, but you'll have to first install an Android emulator. I once used Bluestacks.

Old Feb 10th 2019, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

ITV is available on Cable (Ziggo/UPC)
Free to Air Satellite (Dish setup required of course) is the cheapest for a more permanent setup.
Freesat ( you will have to purchase a box in UK for this)(Dish setup also required) With Freesat you can watch it in HD.
Old Feb 12th 2019, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=calman014;12635296]ITV is available on Cable (Ziggo/UPC)
I already have ziggo+ on cable but they do not have ITV, only the BBC1,2,4,Prime and Entertainment. I may look into a freeview box and dish long term, does it need to be registered to an address in the UK?
Old Feb 14th 2019, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

All you need to do is put in a UK postcode before setting it up/scanning the channels. This just gives you regional news for the area of your choice/postcode area. Other than that, no restrictions.

It's FREESAT not FREEVIEW.
Old Feb 15th 2019, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

I may look into a freeview box and dish long term, does it need to be registered to an address in the UK?
I am the least technical person you'll find here, but we get all UK channels without using any UK address. If you google the words Satelliet Installatie,you will find several companies who might be able to advise you further. We used one when we needed to install a larger dish (satellite changed?) a few years ago, but I can't remember the name
Old Feb 15th 2019, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are benefits to using the freesat system.
Sure, there are many 'FTA' (free to air) channels that you can pickup on a regular ASTRA dish, but Freesat brings the benefit of HD broadcasts too along with a programme guide. NETFLIX, AMAZON, YOUTUBE are integrated also, plus you can hook up an external HD to record.

Last edited by calman014; Feb 15th 2019 at 10:28 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 5:55 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calman014

There are benefits to using the freesat system.
Sure, there are many 'FTA' (free to air) channels that you can pickup on a regular ASTRA dish, but Freesat brings the benefit of HD broadcasts too along with a programme guide. NETFLIX, AMAZON, YOUTUBE are integrated also, plus you can hook up an external HD to record.
Hi

Thanks, this sounds like a good product.

I know that Freesat signals were 'tightened down' a few years back, and eg people lost their Freesat in Spain / Portugal...

Does anyone know if the Freesat signal is available in Belgium, and if so what size dish would we need, please?

Jon
Old Mar 13th 2019, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

A standard "Astra" dish should do the trick. 85cm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 9:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

A standard "Astra" dish should do the trick. 85cm.
Thanks for that, I know that in Spain that wouldn't work, as the 'footprint' doesn't go that far. I can understand that the countries close to the UK may get an overlap, but I wasn't sure if Belgium, further away would be covered, in fact I was expecting a 'no' or the need for a bigger dish.

Has any BE resident actually done this?

Thanks again
Jon
Old Mar 13th 2019, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

I am in NL and it works for me..you are much closer to UK.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

I think in the Netherlands one can tune in to BBC 1 and BBC 2 free and over the air on terrestrial TV.

Freesat from the UK, if you can/are allowed to install a dish, should be easily available for ITV and all the other channels, I take it?
Old Jun 13th 2019, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=johnshuttle;12636037]
ITV is available on Cable (Ziggo/UPC)
I already have ziggo+ on cable but they do not have ITV, only the BBC1,2,4,Prime and Entertainment. I may look into a freeview box and dish long term, does it need to be registered to an address in the UK?
Answer: No

This is the option we chose. When they changed everything a couple of years ago, and the small dishes were no longer effective at picking up a signal at the first drop of rain ... ... (Dutch summer).. .. .. ... we had a larger dish installed. There are companies around who will do this, and you do not need to faff around with finding a UK address for free view. It's all there, on the satellite, if you have one modern enough to pick up the signal. Google satelliet - you will find your way. Cost us under 400 a year or so ago (or 3 years woth rof TV licence? less than a years fees if you avoid Dutch cable TV monthly charges).

We have all official channels from 1 to 5 (including the +1s for all but BBC who don't broadcast these). We have extras such as 4seven, More4 (yeah ok, I'm a house renovation programme addict ), ITVBe, and independents like Dave.

If you're here for more than a year or so, and would rather avoid Goed tijden Slecht tijden, I would definitely recommend it.

Last edited by Red_Wine_Fairy; Jun 13th 2019 at 7:01 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.