Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Brexit - British Embassy Open Forum

Brexit - British Embassy Open Forum

Old Oct 26th 2018, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Brexit - British Embassy Open Forum

I am probably not the only one here who has attended one of these events, but I'm sharing what I heard (facts) and my ponderings (worthless opinions). There are more open fora taking place around the country over the next few weeks - tickets are free (you need to take your passport and ticket to gain entry),

1 November - Groningen
6 November - Utrecht
9 November - The Hague
Eindhoven Date tbc
Maastricht Date tbc

You can find the list on the Facebook page British Embassy The Hague and British Consulate-General Amsterdam of if you don't use social media, via the Eventbrite website. I believe even more events are organised but tickets not yet available, so watch those spaces.

The evening is long, at times emotional, and frankly, we already know before going that 1) we aren't going to get any surprise nuggets of information, and 2) the Embassy is still there to let us know the government's position; they are not independent. What makes it worth the 2 hours of your life is this - getting to pose your questions directly to senior officials of the Dutch Ministries of Justice/Security, and of Foreign Affairs (I found the former more a mouthpiece for his own government, but the latter was very human and compassionate - both went out of the way however to reassure one person who had been given inaccurate and devastating information on phone calls to the IND, and promised more time with that person at the end of the evening so they could provide reassurance). I do feel that these 2 guys are not jobsworths, that they are taking on board what is said to them, and these guys influence policies. If you'd like to check them on LinkedIn, they are Rogier Kok and Rogier Van Tooren (yes, there seems to be a preferred name if you want a civil service role ) The British Chargé d'affaires is, as stated on the Facebook page, Nick Heath (you know you're old when the diplomats start looking younger)

I can summarise the following - and if anyone else has attended, please do add your view even if you feel differently.

They have been planning for Brexit since 2016. They have been planning for a no deal Brexit since January this year. If you know the Dutch, that is rather typical and it means they are probably further along with plans than many other EU countries - so we picked one of the better places to be stranded

1) The Number 1 most important thing - they emphasised many times - is to make sure you are registered on the Gemeente Database at the right address.
Luckily for us residents, the Dutch beat the UK hands down with our GBA; they know who we are, where was are, and automatically, if we meet the qualifying period for permanent residence just by this alone. When asked if we should be preparing for the Inburgering exams quickly for 'the other' PR status, they said, just register at the gemeente if you haven't already done so.

2) If you are one of those 6000 people who hold a Dutch Permanent Residence card from before we joined the EU - it is still valid! You do not need to do anything, or worry about changing it.

3) If you have a EU PR card (the 51 euro one), they have promised to change it free of charge to 'whatever' card comes next - but only in the event of a deal. (If there is a deal, there is a transition, there is time for everything to be finalised.) Therefore, refer to point 1.

4) In the event of no deal (better to sit down now), there is no information. I pointedly asked if this meant the plans they'd been making since January this year meant they had a process but that they couldn't yet share it with us until/unless a no-deal was announced. The silence was telling, and a slight (was it a smile? a nod?) told me that was the case. However... There were several self employed, and small business owners in the room. They were given no certainty about what would happen to their employment status in the event of no deal.

5) We were repeatedly told that No Deal is going to have a devastating and far reaching impact, and that we should know this. No further information was given - but (I'm going to capitalise this) they repeated the words of Stef Blok: We value the contribution that British Citizens make to our economy and society, and (in the event of no deal) we will have a decent solution for those British Citizens here. Link to quote on AD (Dutch) This was the answer given when I asked if I would be turned away from work by my employer on Monday 1 April; which I personally took as meaning I would be able to work on that date, deal or no deal.

6) A Brexit hotline will be set up shortly within the IND. I get the feeling whoever mans this will be carefully selected and thoroughly trained (a point raised at the meeting) so that the information would not be haphazard and plain wrong.

It's not 100% reassuring in the ít will all be fine way, there is nothing new, but I hope this information is useful to some people, if only to give you the opportunity to attend one of the events for yourself to gain answers to questions that might just be be causing sleepless nights.

Last edited by Red_Wine_Fairy; Oct 26th 2018 at 8:48 pm. Reason: Edit to add two more venues
Old Oct 28th 2018, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brexit - British Embassy Open Forum

HI RWF,

Thanks as always for your detailed inputs! I'm still considering whether to make the hours drive to the Groningen forum or not, and having read what you posted there isn't anything new to learn.
My main take away from your reading is that in the event of a no deal there will be a solution, but they cannot share what that is yet because its likely not finalised or approved. And perhaps they also don't want to announce it to help push UK towards a deal.

My preparations have included taking the ingburgerings exams in the past few months, final one in three weeks. After that I'll make the decision as to whether to purchase Dual Citizenship or not, hopefully by that time there is a little more information for us.

Its certainly an uncomfortable situation to be in, part of me knowing that we won't be abandoned, the other part of me thinking but what if we are, what happens to my job, my house, my family.

looking forward to hearing anyone elses inputs from these fora.

Stevie
Old Nov 16th 2018, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

Updating this, as tickets are now available for the next two venues:

1 November - Groningen
6 November - Utrecht
9 November - The Hague
Tuesday 20 November - Eindhoven Register Here (Free)
Thursday 29 November - Maastricht Register Here (Free)

If anyone attends, please do give an update as they should soon be letting us know what contingency plans they have under wraps in the event of a no deal during November.

The British Embassy plans to host a Facebook Live event in December, useful for all those who haven't been able to make it to an event - as soon as I see any further information, I will post details here

Last edited by Red_Wine_Fairy; Nov 16th 2018 at 5:27 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The IND has published its first Newsletter.

You can find it here (English)
Old Jan 7th 2019, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

New information today for residents in The Netherlands. We will all be receiving this letter from the government (with our own names, of course) Please refer to the INDs Brexit page: IND.nl (in English)
>Return address Postbus 110, 9560 AA TER APEL The Netherlands
J. Engelsman
Rijnstraat 8
2515 XP DEN HAAG

Date16 January 2019

SubjectJohn Engelsman
Date of birth: 8 november 2018
Nationality: Brits onderdaan

Dear J. Engelsman,

You are registered at the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) as a (relative of a) British national residing in the Netherlands. The IND assesses all applications for residence permits by persons wanting to live in the Netherlands or wanting to acquire Dutch nationality.
This letter explains what Brexit will mean for you if there is no withdrawal agreement between the European Union (EU) and the United Kingdom (UK).

British nationals are no longer EU citizens as of 29 March 2019

On 29 March 2019, the UK will leave the EU. This is commonly known as Brexit. From that moment on you will no longer be (a relative of) an EU citizen. The Dutch government considers it important to regulate your stay after Brexit properly, also in case there is no withdrawal agreement between the EU and the UK.

You will keep your rights to residence, employment and study during the transition period

After Brexit, there will be a transition period in the Netherlands from 29 March 2019 until 1 July 2020. During the transition period, you will keep your rights to residence, employment and study in the Netherlands. This also applies when you are a relative of a British citizen and you do not have EU citizenship yourself. Before 29 March 2019, the IND will send you a temporary residence permit in the form of a letter. This letter will be the proof of your rights during the transition period. You do not need to take any action yourself.

After the transition period, you will need a residence permit

After this transition period, you will need a new national residence permit to prove your right of residence. You can qualify for a residence permit if you meet the conditions of residence that apply to EU citizens. You do not need to comply with any integration measures. With this residence permit, you are also entitled to work and study in the Netherlands. Your employer does not need to apply for a separate work permit for you. If you are a current or future student in the Netherlands, you will retain the rights to statutory tuition fees and student finance (‘studiefinanciering’). For this you must meet the remaining conditions for EU-citizens.

Please wait for an invitation letter from the IND and then submit an application

You are part of a large group of (relatives of) British citizens in the Netherlands who will need to apply for a residence permit. During the transition period, the IND will send you an invitation letter to apply for a residence permit. The IND will not send these invitations to everyone at the same time. The IND kindly asks you to wait for the invitation before submitting the application. This way your application can be processed in an orderly fashion. You do not need to submit the application earlier, as you will keep your rights to residence, employment and study during the transition period as explained above. You will receive the invitation letter no later than on 1 April 2020.

The fee involved in the application for this residence permit is the same for EU citizens applying for a residence document. At this moment the fee is € 57.

Do you already have an EU Permanent residence document? You will still need a new residence permit

Only (the relatives of) EU-citizens who want to live in the Netherlands on a permanent basis can apply for an EU Permanent residence document. Third country nationals need a national permanent residence permit for this. After 29 March 2019 you are no longer (a relative of) an EU citizen.

If you already have the EU Permanent residence document, you will still need a new national permanent residence permit after the transition period. You do not need to apply for this national permit. In your case, this new permanent residence permit is without charge. You will receive a letter from the IND requesting you to make an appointment to collect your new permanent residence permit at the IND desk at a later stage. Do not be concerned if your EU Permanent residence document expires after Brexit. In that case, all you have to do is await the IND letter.

Do you have a national temporary residence permit? You will be given the choice to submit an application

Do you already have a national temporary residence permit? With this permit, you are allowed to stay in the Netherlands after Brexit as long as it is valid and you meet the conditions. During the transition period you will also receive an invitation letter, because you have a choice. You may either stay here with the national temporary residence permit you have or apply for the residence permit to remain your rights to residence, employment, and study in the Netherlands as a (relative of a) British citizen after the transition period (see above).

You may keep your EU right of residence

It is possible that you have dual EU citizenship (for example, you have next to your British nationality another EU-nationality). In that case you will keep your right of residence as an EU citizen after Brexit if you meet the EU residence requirements. This means you do not need a national residence permit, and you do not need to do anything further.

After Brexit you can also have EU residence rights because you are staying in the Netherlands as a family member of an EU / EEA citizen or Swiss citizen.

You keep your allowances

Are you currently entitled to health care allowance, childcare allowance, child-related budget and / or rent allowance? If you have a residence permit after 29 March 2019 and meet the other conditions, you will remain the rights to these allowances.

Ensure correct registration in the Personal Records Database (BRP) and apply for your DigiD

Make sure that your registration in the Personal Records Database (BRP) of your municipality is correct. This way you can easily be contacted by the government. At www.mijnoverheid.nl you can verify your registration at the municipality. For this, you need a DigiD, for which you can apply at www.digid.nl/en.

Do you have questions?
The latest information on Brexit is available at www.government.nl/Brexit and www.ind.nl/Brexit. At the latter you may also sign up for the Brexit newsletter for migrants. At www.government.nl/Brexit you can also find information about other topics that may be relevant to you.

Yours sincerely,

The general director of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service
A. van Berckel
Old Jan 28th 2019, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm sorry I didn't see this in advance.

I'm unable to link the Q&A session which took place this evening at the British Consulate with the Dutch IND rep. I haven't watching it myself yet (it's an hour long) and so can't say if there is any new information contained in it.

If you are interested, please check the British Consulate's Facebook page here

Last edited by Red_Wine_Fairy; Jan 28th 2019 at 5:52 pm. Reason: link didn't work
Old Feb 19th 2019, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Latest something-and-nothing, updated yesterday

UK NATIONALS IN THE NETHERLANDS: PREPARING FOR UK EXIT FROM THE EU

BRITISH EMBASSY THE HAGUE AND BRITISH CONSULATE-GENERAL AMSTERDAM·MONDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2019

The UK will leave the EU on 29 March 2019. The UK’s priority is to secure a negotiated deal on our exit from the EU. However, as a responsible government, we have to prepare for all scenarios, including the unlikely event of a no deal. Over the coming weeks we will be providing regular advice to citizens and businesses on how to prepare for 29 March:
  • Check your residency status! UK nationals registered and living in the Netherlands should now have been contacted by the IND in order to inform them of their residency status in the event of a no deal situation. Do you live in the Netherlands, but haven’t had an initial letter from the IND yet? Contact the IND Brexit information line on +31 (0)88 04 30410 on Mondays to Fridays from 09:00-17:00, or visit the IND Brexit website.
  • Is your UK passport still valid? You may need to renew your passport earlier than you think. Read about changes to passport validity requirements. Passports must remain valid for at least six months from your date of travel. Still unsure whether your passport is valid? Use this handy checker to check your passport validity.
  • Have you exchanged your driving license? If you are living in the Netherlands but still driving with a UK license, you need to exchange it, as British driving licenses will no longer be recognised in the EU in the event of a no deal Brexit. UK nationals registered and living in the Netherlands before 29 March 2019 will have 15 months after Brexit to exchange their license. Driving licenses can be exchanged at your local council (gemeente). More information about the process of exchanging your license can be found via the RDW.
Questions? Check our Living in the Netherlands Guide, or contact us via via the following link: Embassy and Consulate enquiries. EU Exit will also affect travellers to the Netherlands: be sure to follow the latest travel advice here!
We will continue to post information for UK nationals in the Netherlands as our exit from the EU approaches. Please keep following our Facebook page or subscribe to our Brexit mailing list. If you are already subscribed to emails, be sure to check your spam folder.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

View online version

Brexit newsletter for migrants

13 March 2019

This is the third Brexit newsletter for United Kingdom nationals living in the Netherlands, issued by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). Today the IND started to send temporary residence permits to UK nationals and their family members in the Netherlands to safeguard their residence rights in the event of a no-deal Brexit. We will continue to keep you informed of new developments in subsequent issues.

Table of contents

Brexit: IND sends temporary residence permit to UK nationals living in the Netherlands

Brexit: IND sends temporary residence permit to UK nationals living in the Netherlands

On 13 March, the IND will start to send a temporary residence permit to UK nationals and their family members who are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP).

In order to ensure that in the event of a no-deal Brexit all UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands have a temporary residence permit, the IND will start to send out temporary residence permits on 13 March. This will guarantee the residence rights of UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands after Brexit in a timely fashion, and the IND can provide some security to UK nationals. The preparation and sending out of the temporary residence permits will take two weeks: for technical reasons it is not possible to send them all out at once.

The Brexit negotiations between the UK and the EU have not yet resulted in a definitive deal or no-deal. It is also possible that Brexit will be delayed.

Covering letter
The residence permits are being sent out with a covering letter that explains how to use it in different possible situations. In the event of a deal, the temporary residence permit is not needed. In that case, UK nationals and their family members will continue to derive their residence right directly from the right to freedom of movement and residence. If Brexit is extended, it is still possible that there will be no deal. For this reason it is important that UK nationals keep their temporary residence permit in the event of an extension. In such a case, the IND will update UK nationals again with the latest developments. During an extension up until the date of an eventual Brexit, UK nationals will in any event continue to retain the right to freedom of movement and residence.

Period of validity and use of the temporary residence permit
The temporary residence permit is only valid in the Netherlands during a national transition period from 29 March up to and including 30 June 2020. UK nationals and their family members can use the residence permit to demonstrate that they are entitled to live, work and study in the Netherlands in the event of a no-deal Brexit. The temporary residence permit can only be used in combination with a valid passport. UK nationals and their family members need the temporary residence permit when travelling to and from the Netherlands, in order to demonstrate that they have lawful residence in the Netherlands.

Who does not need a temporary residence permit?
UK nationals and their family members who have a Dutch permanent national residence permit, or who, in addition to their UK nationality, also hold the nationality of another EU/EER country or Switzerland, will not receive a temporary residence permit because they do not need it. Brexit has no influence on their residence right in the Netherlands.

Invitation to apply for a new residence permit
Throughout the transition period from 29 March 2019 up to and including 30 June 2020, the IND will send UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands an invitation to submit an application for a new residence permit in stages.

Regulation
You can read the complete text and criteria of the Terugtrekkingsregeling (only available in Dutch) providing for the residence right of UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands in the event of a no-deal Brexit on 29 March 2019, in the Staatscourant published on 13 March. Visit our Brexit web page for more information about the arrangements for UK nationals who are cross-border workers prior to 29 March 2019.

Do you have any questions?
For more information, including the content of the temporary residence permit and covering letter, as well as Q & As, visit www.ind.nl/brexit

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

StevieLW is an unknown quantity at this point

View online version

Brexit newsletter for migrants

3 April 2019

This is the new edition of the Brexit newsletter for British citizens living in the Netherlands, issued by the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND). Subsequent issues will be published as developments unfold. Please note: this will be the last edition sent by e-mail.

Brexit extension: no consequences for residence right of UK nationals living in the Netherlands

(Photo: Pixabay)

During the Brexit extension period, UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands retain their rights as EU citizens.

On 21 March, the EU agreed to extend Brexit. This means that UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands retain their rights as EU citizens to live, work and study in the Netherlands. They do not need the temporary residence permit received from the IND during the extension period. In the event of a no-deal Brexit, however, they do need it to prove their right of residence. They should, therefore, keep the temporary residence permit safe.

Temporary residence permit not needed during extension.

At the moment, the IND has sent nearly all the temporary residence permits to UK nationals and their family members living in the Netherlands who are registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP). The remaining temporary residence permits will be sent in the coming days until all UK nationals and their family members registered in the BRP have received a residence permit before the date of Brexit. In this way, their residence rights will be guaranteed in time, in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

The temporary residence permit is being sent together with a covering letter with further information on its use. The temporary residence permit states that it is valid from 29 March 2019 up to and including 30 June 2020. As a result of the extension, the residence permits are not needed in the period from 29 March 2019 to the date of Brexit.

Since the temporary residence permits still remain valid until 30 June 2020, the IND will not, therefore send any new temporary residence permits with a revised date.

Keep safe in case of no-deal Brexit

It is not yet known whether the UK will leave the EU after the extension period with a final deal or no-deal. For this reason, UK nationals and their family members are advised to keep the temporary residence permit safe, because it is still possible that there will be a no-deal Brexit. In such a case, the temporary residence permit is still valid until 30 June 2020. UK nationals and their family members can use it to prove that they are entitled to live, work and study in the Netherlands during the national transition period.

In the event of new developments, the IND will continue to inform UK nationals of new developments via our website, social media and the Brexit newsletter.

Do you have any questions?

Visit ind.nl/brexit for more information. You can, for example view a sample temporary residence permit and covering letter. There are also Brexit Q &A's and an infographic. You can also register to receive the Brexit newsletter.

Brexit newsletter will no longer be sent by e-mail

(Picture: Pixabay)

For technical reasons, the IND will no longer send out the Brexit newsletter by e-mail. However, the Brexit newsletter will continue but with some changes. These are:

- Your subscription will end automatically. So you do not have to unsubscribe.
- You will no longer receive this newsletter as an email in your mailbox.
- The next Brexit newsletter will appear on www.ind.nl.
- Is a new issue of the newsletter available? We will post a new message on our home page.
- We will also add a link to the latest Brexit newsletter from our Brexit web page.You can view all issues of the Brexit newsletter on www.ind.nl.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have been slacking, my apologies.

I seriously recommend that anyone in, or planning to move to the Netherlands reads this pdf file, which is very clear and unambiguous (it's from the Dutch govt, after all) with 'Elaborations' being the subheadings 1) Citizens, 2) Healthcare, etc

https://www.government.nl/documents/...t-and-measures

There are a series of UK foreign office events being organised. Amsterdam was out of tickets in moments so that ship has sailed. For the outliers there are still some left. Let me know if you want me to dig out details Linky Here
Old Oct 28th 2019, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, very useful info.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

There are still three events left

Groningen - Monday 4 November
Register here
Maastricht - Monday 11 November
Register here
Utrecht - Monday 18 November
Register here

If anyone attended Rotterdam last night, please let us know how it went.
Old May 18th 2020, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Fugee is an unknown quantity at this point

I received confirmation a few weeks ago that I would be granted a permanent residence permit. I already had an appointment for the biometrics in early April, but that was cancelled. I'm just waiting until I can make a new appointment.

For those that are interested:
After going through the online process, I was called by somebody from the IND who asked me to send my annual statement (jaarrekening) for 2015. That was just to prove that I had been living and working in the Netherlands for at least five years, which, I think, is the requirement for a permanent residence permit. I received confirmation that O would be granted a residence permit about a week later.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Brexit - Residence Permits and applications

Just attended an IND appointment for biometrics. It took several attempts to even get an appointment via the website.
I queried this problem..
It seems that they "turn it off" due to having a huge backlog of applications and expect this to last well into the new year. So if you are trying to log in to arrange an appointment, just keep trying at random times...
Old Aug 28th 2020, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interesting points, and very different to my experiences.

Fugee, we never had to send anything, it was all online. On my own experience, I'd have thought all background checks such as Belastingdienst and VOG would be automatically done behind the scenes, but it seems this isn't always the case. However, we did apply for ours later than we should have, a couple of months after we got the invitation. I think it was June when we applied, because one of us (yes, 'that son' had lost his passport again) was a bit slack applying for a new passport. Luckily, I think he got one of the last burgundy ones with EU on it. We also never received a confirmation from the IND that we had been approved. The only way we knew is that our status changed on the BRP database to Perm. Res, when we logged into Mijn Overheid with our DigiDs - that was about 3 or 4 days before the delivery of the cards. It's interesting that they cleared you for residence before you are fingerprinted as part of the biometrics: again, I'd assumed that's why it took so long between biometrics and approval (while they ran it through the police computer ). I was very relived that my eldest son's came through, as he'd been abroad for several months as part of the Erasmus scheme a few years ago.

Calman, where did the website direct you to? At the time we applied, all Brexit-related biometrics had to be done at Almere (I had booked, and then had to cancel, our appointments at Hoofddorp). They were done in the Belastingdienst building there. The first available Hoofddorp appointments were three months later, and when I went to the Almere appointments, it had a waiting time of around 10 days - so it was a no-brainer anyway. I'm glad you had your appointment anyway.
I'm curious, did they tell you that they'd call to make an appointment to deliver your card? We had an unannounced visit here on Wednesday, by a guy in an IND jacket. Don't be surprised if they just turn up unannounced - they like their little spot-checks. Luckily we were all in the house at one time. There has, as you can see, been quite a wait between biometrics and the card being ready, about 8-10 weeks? so don't panic if that doesn't happen for a while yet.

The card itself is very cool. Not only legitimatiebewijs, but your photo on the front is holographic, and if you turn the card around and hold it to the light, your face is there again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.