Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Anyone moved their UK private pension to a Dutch QROPS?

Anyone moved their UK private pension to a Dutch QROPS?

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Anyone moved their UK private pension to a Dutch QROPS?

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if there are any disadvantages as far as tax is concerned. For example, I know if you move your pension to Australia if you don't do this within 6 months of moving there you will have to pay tax on any increase in the value of the pension.

Also, anyone got any recommendations for a professional who could advise on this who won't rip me off?
Old Sep 25th 2015, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Cynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moved their UK private pension to a Dutch QROPS?

If you find out, please let me know, I'm still 5 years away from moving back, but it's one of the things I've got on my list to check out.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

I could tell you who we use for Dutch tax, but he's Dutch and probably wouldn't be able to give independent advice on which is the better scheme (everything Dutch is superior according to a Dutchman, right?)

We were approached by Blacktower group, but aggressive sales (calling every week and waking hubby up when he was on the other side of the world, despite being told not to) means we blocked them - people that desperate aren't impartial, they're salesmen.

So I'm following this to see if someone can give some impartial thoughts.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Cynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond reputeCynic has a reputation beyond repute

I've read somewhere that there are advantages in moving your private pension fund to either Gibraltar or Malta. I have not investigated that further (yet).
Old Sep 28th 2015, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Give it all to me and I will look after it. Seriously, after PPI and LIBOR and all the rest, do you think any safeguards will protect the punters ?
Old Sep 28th 2015, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Give it all to me and I will look after it. Seriously, after PPI and LIBOR and all the rest, do you think any safeguards will protect the punters ?
Of course, excellent idea, now if you just PM me your bank account details, name and address, I can arrange the transfer quite quickly, I just need you to send me €500 to expedite this.