Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Belgium , Netherlands, Luxembourg
Reload this Page >

Advice on living in Utrecht please!

Advice on living in Utrecht please!

Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Emmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to allEmmis is a name known to all
Default Advice on living in Utrecht please!

Hi there,

We are moving back to the Netherlands with my husband's work, and will probably be there for a year or so. We have lived in Amsterdam twice before, and also Den Haag, but it looks like this time we may be moving to Utrecht.

We have two children and were hoping to get them into the British School in Amsterdam, and basing ourselves there again, but, unfortunately, for my youngest, nearly 6 year old, there are no places left.

However, we've found out that they are opening a new international school in Utrecht in August, so on the back of that information, and having found out that there are places in the teeny weeny new school, we are considering moving there instead, as it would only be a 15 min train ride to work for my husband.

My big dilemma though, admittedly loving the wild side of Amsterdam, the quirky and strange of sin city, is how will we find life in Utrecht?

Of course I know it is much quieter but I am hoping that we will still meet some fun, eclectic, international people there!

Is there anyone living in Utrecht who could let me know more about life there?!

Would hugely appreciate any feedback!

xxx
Old Sep 28th 2012, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

tomkent45 has a spectacular aura abouttomkent45 has a spectacular aura abouttomkent45 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Advice on living in Utrecht please!

Living in Utrecht is lovely. The biggest city is Utrecht, which is the third biggest city in Holland after Amsterdam and Rotterdam. The province Utrecht has an interesting smaller city: Oudewater. You should check it out some time. Anyway, I wish you and your family all the best in Holland!