Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Zumba and other fitness fads

Zumba and other fitness fads

Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:29 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zumba and other fitness fads

What's the blow on fitness fads?

I'd hoped no nonsense Oz might have avoided the likes of Zumba - opting to knock off a few pounds with 10 mile runs, amphetamines and fags. But au contraire, I've just spotted 50 or so uncoordinated fatties doing zumba in the park. That hip wriggling latin shat just makes my blood boil.

And what's with the ecstatic smiling - I've only been emulate that with class As.
I love the woman in blue behind whose pelvic floor is about to give out...

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Mar 20th 2011 at 3:09 am.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zumba and other fitness fads

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer

I'd hoped no nonsense Oz might have avoided the likes of Zumba - opting to knock off a few pounds with 10 mile runs, amphetamines and dysentry. But au contraire, I've just spotted 50 or so uncoordinated fatties doing zumba in the park. That hip wriggling latin shat just makes my blood boil.

And what's with the ecstatic smiling - I've only been emulate that with class As.
I love the woman in blue behind whose pelvic floor is about to give out...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6FKeJxS6ow...phanie.cnn.jpg
On the one hand anything that helps people to be healthier has to be a good thing.

On the other it's more expensive than eating sensibily and going for a nice long walk every once in a while like everyone knows they should.

Now gym membership, there is a money-making cash cow ...

Just stop eating shite food and exercise more!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 4:00 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

I'd hoped no nonsense Oz might have avoided the likes of Zumba
What you've neglected to notice is it's all over weight poms in the classes.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 4:25 am

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat
What you've neglected to notice is it's all over weight poms in the classes.
I blame the price of lettuce

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Mar 20th 2011 at 5:24 am.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 5:43 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I HATE ZUMBA!!!!!!! Yes yes its good in as much as its getting some of the couch potatoes off the couch BUT its taking over the bloody world. I am a group ex instructor and ALL I hear is ooh can we have more Zumba, ooh Zumba a is fab . . .its bumping so many other classes off the schedules

and, and, and the wibblies that ARE doing it, thats ALL they are doing - it aint gonna give you a 6 pack love! grrrrrrr rant over
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I HATE ZUMBA!!!!!!! Yes yes its good in as much as its getting some of the couch potatoes off the couch BUT its taking over the bloody world. I am a group ex instructor and ALL I hear is ooh can we have more Zumba, ooh Zumba a is fab . . .its bumping so many other classes off the schedules

and, and, and the wibblies that ARE doing it, thats ALL they are doing - it aint gonna give you a 6 pack love! grrrrrrr rant over
Two classes have just closed down around here. I think the fad could be on it's way out. Never been mind, I don't do group fitness stuff since I tried a Pilates class about 9 years ago.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I'd hoped no nonsense Oz might have avoided the likes of Zumba - opting to knock off a few pounds with 10 mile runs, amphetamines and fags. But au contraire, I've just spotted 50 or so uncoordinated fatties doing zumba in the park. That hip wriggling latin shat just makes my blood boil.
If there are people that do not live up to your body shape ideal taking some exercise classes why exactly do you have an issue with it?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I took my daughter and her mate to a free Zumba class put on the Brisbane City Council over the summer break. It was great fun and people did it at their own level of fitness - good for people just wanting a bit of fun exercise and good for kids like my daughter who the dance teacher paid particular attention to and in helping with her stretches and technique. I've been thinking of getting zumba for wii for the kids and I.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If there are people that do not live up to your body shape ideal taking some exercise classes why exactly do you have an issue with it?
I don't. I have an issue with zumba as it looks silly.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't. I have an issue with zumba as it looks silly.

Does everyone look silly doing it? Or just "uncoordinated fatties" in your opinion.

Perhaps you should just mind your own business about how other people choose to exercise, because it's not illegal is it? I think that uncoordinated fatties should be applauded for tryng to do something.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't eh?

Don't you have bigger fish to fry anyway ..
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Does everyone look silly doing it? Or just "uncoordinated fatties" in your opinion.

Perhaps you should just mind your own business about how other people choose to exercise, because it's not illegal is it? I think that uncoordinated fatties should be applauded for tryng to do something.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't eh?

Don't you have bigger fish to fry anyway ..
crikey! I didn't mean to offend anyone!! I just thought it was a jovial thread but as you've taken it so personally I apologise.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:22 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

crikey! I didn't mean to offend anyone!! I just thought it was a jovial thread but as you've taken it so personally I apologise.
You should take into account the feelings of all the fat biffers out there, shame on you.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not aware of anyone taking it personally but more a case of no one is forcing ou to watch/join in so why get your knickers in a twist about it. To me it smacks of the same attitude that some people on here take over strangers walking about without shoes on.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:25 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Yes fall on your sword, Turban Exploiter............MM
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
Yes fall on your sword, Turban Exploiter............MM
I'm begging forgiveness from the god of Zumba as we speak!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.