Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Your Worst Dating Experience

Your Worst Dating Experience

Old May 2nd 2007, 9:32 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Worst Dating Experience

Originally Posted by iPom View Post
Good choice, imo. He hasn't improved with age.
he's also got spotty.

Another experience I had I was 17 standing outside the local niteclub being chatted up by a bloke I had fancied the pants off for ages, along comes my older brother and says " Touch my sister and I'll break your legs".
Five mins later my brother "walks" my best mate home.
I soon realised go for men twice the size of your brother and get ugly friends
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh, bad dates...

1. The bloke with such a large mouth, it was like kissing the Blackwall Tunnel (but with teeth sticking into you)

2. The bloke who said he needed a wee, so jumped out of the car - to go to the toilet in the nearby pub, I thought - except I look out of the window and he's right besides the car having a slash.

This is quite hard actually - I thought of some other bad experiences, but they involved gingas and baldies, and I didn't want to offend anyone. And a very sweaty boyfriend, who left an imprint on his back against the bedsheets. I dumped him very soon after (I gave him enough time to put his clothes back on!)
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth View Post
He was probably praying for a shag.
He'd be praying for alongtime
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chels View Post
Ooooh, bad dates...

1. The bloke with such a large mouth, it was like kissing the Blackwall Tunnel (but with teeth sticking into you)

2. The bloke who said he needed a wee, so jumped out of the car - to go to the toilet in the nearby pub, I thought - except I look out of the window and he's right besides the car having a slash.

This is quite hard actually - I thought of some other bad experiences, but they involved gingas and baldies, and I didn't want to offend anyone. And a very sweaty boyfriend, who left an imprint on his back against the bedsheets. I dumped him very soon after (I gave him enough time to put his clothes back on!)

Bad dates......
There was one guy i went out with in a moment of madness - agreed to it as i'd snogged him late one evening (and i did have the excuse of being paralytically drunk - i didnt even fancy him) - bumped into him the following week and felt i had to agree to a date.. We went to the cinema - he was like an octopus - then he persuaded me to go back to his for a drink (didnt realise he lived with his parents who were still up when we got there! ). I made my excuses and left - actually being brave enough to tell the guy i wouldnt ring as i didnt things would work out between us. A couple of months later i'm having a lunchtime drink with another guy i'm seeing - and this guy walks up to us - says hello, hovers around us for the whole time we're in there - and when we leave seperately (as i'm returning to work) he follows me!!! Stalker alert. :curse: I must say i'm generally polite - but the words F and off were used!!

as for my 1st dates with my OH.......1st we meet with friends in a pub one evening - but as nothing happens and i wasnt planning for it to i forget to mention during the course of the night that i actually have a boyfriend. As the pub shuts a few of us agree to go for a chinese together - and my OH at the end of the night sweetly asks for my number so that he can ring and perhaps we can go out Now i feel really bad that i havent mentioned i'm seeing someone - so i do a terrible thing and write down the 1st number that comes into my head - turns out to be my work fax number! a year passes.......i'm single again and we bump into one another in a club - me being drunk and forgetting about the fax number goes up to OH and his mates and say "i remember you" - only to get a response of "i remember you as well - you're the one that gave me the dodgy phone number!". Anyway, i'm forgiven (eventually) - we swap "proper" numbers and the bugger doesnt ring me for a couple of weeks (talk about get me back!).
We finally hook up - arrange a proper "1st date" - go for a drink and chinese meal - all going great - and then i nearly choke to death on a bit of ginger in my chicken and ginger dinner!
What makes it worse is my OH is "ginger" - so he begs me not to tell his mates i nearly choked on a bit of "ginger" incase they wonder what i had in my mouth!!!!!
Anyway, 7 1/2 years later we're still together....so i guess that bad date was meant to be!
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:17 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I forgot 'hair guy'... How could I?

Met this nice bloke and were having a great date... ended up kissing and as I raised my hands to run my fingers through his hair, I caught his wig on one of my nails.
Ended up breaking my nail.
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if anyone else had nightmare dates before they found 'the one'?

I met one guy and we were getting on so well. On our third date, we're eating dinner in this Mexican restaurant and he comes out with the immortal line 'Of course, blacks aren't as intelligent as whites...'
That was the end of that one.

And then there was the guy who walked with a limp all the time and eventually, (after three weeks when I was comfortable asking) I asked him why he had a limp and he told me he had cut himself shaving.....when in fact he'd had a leg amputation from cancer... He was a bit of an angry guy and that went no-where.

Then there was the fabulous date I had.... and it was going so well, and we had coffee and then it turned out he was a foot (and shoe) fetishist, but sadly it didn't ring my bell.

And then there was 'bad breath man' who I had to spend an entire day with once, and I nearly passed out from the smell. Absolutely fetid.
That was the end of that one.

There are others, I just have to remember them.

What are yours?

Mine wasn't a date as such, it was more of a 'moving on' experience. Had split with boyfriend, to get over him I went to the gym to do a hard workout. Was on the x trainer when I glanced in the mirror in front of me and saw ex boyfriend with new girlfriend pumping iron behind me! I came over all weak and unco-ordinated!!! Legs and arms going everywhere, must have looked hilarious, just couldn't get my co-ordination back on track. Ended up falling off said x-trainer and running for the steam room!

Funny now I look back on it

(never saw ex or new gf again - phew)!
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

I forgot 'hair guy'... How could I?

Met this nice bloke and were having a great date... ended up kissing and as I raised my hands to run my fingers through his hair, I caught his wig on one of my nails.
Ended up breaking my nail.
and there was one guy - i went back to his - and in the bathroom there was no toilet paper or soap or toiletries or anything.......what the f..... was that all about? didnt see him again!
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
and there was one guy - i went back to his - and in the bathroom there was no toilet paper or soap or toiletries or anything.......what the f..... was that all about? didnt see him again!
Weird!
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

I went out with a guy once who I'd lusted after for months and months. Finally we kissed.

He went on to develop the Dyson.
did he kiss like a dyson
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:08 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

All the ones who wouldn't give out on a 1st date

They only get maccers once after that
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

mattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nicemattandjulia is just really nice

When I was 15 I was invited to my first boyfriends house for dinner. I had a really bad chest infection and couldn't stop coughinng so his mother went to get me som medicine. My boyfriend then says to me that I have allways got something wrong with me to which I replied it's not my fault I'm an infamaniac (sp) was meant to say hypacondriact (sp). I obviously hadn't realised what I had said and his mum called him out of the dining room. His dad and the rest of the family just stared at me and sniggered. It wasn't till after dinner that we were going out for a walk and my boyfriend asked me if I was really an infamaniac (sp). I slapped him across the face and walked home and never saw him again until I was 21 and didn't recognise him. He was drop dead gorgeous this time round so went over and started to talk to him only to realise who he was. The question was asked again but this time round he didn't get a slap.

Julia.xx
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:53 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I snogged this bloke when I was at school (age 16 or so) and he was all slobbery and wet and it actually makes me feel sick just thinking about it now. Like that dog from Turner and Hooch.

Shame though cos he was a sweet boy and very nice looking. But no way could I do that again.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels View Post
Ooooh, bad dates...

best not do the ginga thing, there are some very stroppy ranga folk on BE plus I am married to one.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:47 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird View Post
best not do the ginga thing, there are some very stroppy ranga folk on BE plus I am married to one.
Okay... I'll keep quiet about that date. And instead embarass myself with the time I was invited to dinner at a boyfriend's parents house. Lovely dinner, his mum was a fantastic cook. Shame their toilet wasn't so great. I must have spent nearly an hour trying to flush the bloody thing. But what could I do? If I'd stuffed bog roll down the loo to cover up the evidence, it probably would have blocked their whole system up. And I hardly knew them, so I couldn't 'leave it'. They were very polite about the business, managing to slip into the conversation soon after a few words about their terrible toilet system. Mortifying. That relationship didn't last much longer (pity really, his mum really was lovely).

There was also the date when, smooching across the table in a romantic restaurant, the bloke managed to drape his sleeve through the candle and set fire to his shirt. Thankfully, we had water as well as wine so he could be quickly doused.

(confession to make - that wasn't really a bad experience, just hilarious, and he went on to become OH. As he's washing up downstairs right this minute, I can forgive him for being a pyromaniac)
Old May 2nd 2007, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by yes of course View Post
did he kiss like a dyson

That's what I meant. It wasn't really him, but his cyclonic action nearly took my tonsils out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.