British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Your ultimate cocktail recipe if you please ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/your-ultimate-cocktail-recipe-if-you-please-581290/)

Three Legs Jan 2nd 2009 7:16 am

Your ultimate cocktail recipe if you please ...

Three Legs will shortly be throwing his citizenship / belated house warming party and that Nigella (mucky fat bitch) Lawson has got me in the cocktail mood after watching her "festive" series ...

I'm looking for your ultimate cocktail recipe's ... not arsed whether they're way too complicated or incredibly simple ... the more the merrier.

Cue numerous Sex on the Beach, Screaming Orgasm, Screwdriver & Between the Sheets concoctions ... :p

Ta muchly ...

;)

PS - A very Happy New Year to you all.

spottydog Jan 2nd 2009 9:08 am

Re: Your ultimate cocktail recipe if you please ...

I always go for the alcohol hit and Vespa Martini's (shaken not stirred).

For 2 glasses:
put a cube of ice in each glass and top up with cold water, leave on the side

fill a shaker with ice cubes, pour in some nolly pratt/dry martini. Shake then pour off the excess. Add 2 doubles of Gin (personal choice as to which brand) and 1 double of vodka. Shake hard until most the ice is broken down.

Empty the water out the (now colder) glasses, give the mix a final shake and pour (through a wide strainer so you don't get the large ice lumps). Enjoy immediately while it is still fizzing and ice shards are defrosting on the surface.

Congrats on the citizenship.

MacScot Jan 2nd 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Three Legs (Post 7118905)
Nigella (mucky fat bitch) Lawson has got me in the cocktail mood...

Nigella's Way
Freeze leftover wine into ice cubes for future use in casseroles.

The Real Woman's Way
Left over wine???? Helloooo !

Following on from the news of the "sex on the beach" British expat couple who were jailed and subsequently released and deported from Dubai, here's the recipe for the cocktail called 'Sex on the Beach' :

1 1/2 oz. Schnapps, peach
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
2 oz. Cranberry Juice
2 oz. Orange Juice
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.

Enjoy ! :D

storms Jan 2nd 2009 10:25 am

Ok, had this cocktail in Bermuda some 20 years ago, and we make a big batch of it when we fancy a good night......

1 1/4 oz Vodka
1/4 oz Galliano
1/4 oz Cointreau
2 oz Pineapple Juice
3 oz Orange.

That makes one drink, so multiply a couple of times, mix around with a lot of ice and very refreshing drink had by all.

Or shot of port, brandy and lemonade, tall glass, lots of ice, very nice around the pool......

:thumbsup:

Dorothy Jan 2nd 2009 10:51 am

I'm always partial to a little penis allota - or is it a pina colada? Anyway...

1 1/2 oz light rum
2 oz coconut cream
2 oz pineapple juice
1 cup crushed ice

Pour rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice into a blender with one cup of crushed ice. Blend until smooth, and pour into a collins glass. Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a maraschino cherry, and serve.

Also love a fuzzy navel...

1 1/2 oz peach schnapps
1 oz vodka
4 oz orange juice

Mix well and pour over ice. Serve in a tall glass with a wedge of orange.

wmoore Jan 2nd 2009 10:54 am

Beer.

Sorry, the Moore Inn doesn't do a lot of cocktails, though margerita's are a speciality of the house.