Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Your favourite bands ??

Wikiposts

Your favourite bands ??

Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:00 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favourite bands ??

U2
Embrace
The Enemy
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nathan84
just wondering what bands people are listening to most at the moment and who your favourite bands are ?

For me Im a massive Bloc Party fan think they are top notch. Silent Alarm and A Weekend in The City are superb.

I got the Editors new album at Christmas and am very impressed with them too.

Others Im listening to a lot right now The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Killers.

And going back a little bit am a big fan of New Order, Joy Division and The Clash
take that ( its a girl thing )
keane ( saw them live they were great )
i like quite alot of music and artists and my cd collection ranges from bobby brown-madonna-luther vandross-keane-ray quinn
very diverse .....just waiting for rhydians cd now
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:30 am
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

just got stereophonics live dakota here's a question live album or studio mine's a live one miles better much more feeling than a studio album gimme them guitar solo's then i can practice air guitar for when i go to jilly's rockworld
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:58 am
Happy where I am

wiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nice

My all time favourite has to be AC/DC, especially the Bon Scott Era. Also partial to a bit of Iron Maiden but, my tastes are far wider than that. I also like a bit of Roni Size, Amy Winehouse etc.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:07 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I got Led Zep 'Mothership' for xmas so that's on a lot

Also Foo Fighters and Linkin Park on the CD player

Listening to loads of great stuff on the radio too
I'll listen to all sorts of stuff. I really like Timbaland, Amy Winehouse, Bloc Party and most stuff really!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:25 am

manc in exile is an unknown quantity at this point

arctic monkeys, the enemy - fab new band, muse , golden oldies- the jam, happy mondays, stone roses, and of course manchester's greatest oasis
Old Jan 12th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey manc in exile muse supported my old band many years ago how times change
Old Jan 12th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

God now i feel old.... havent heard of any of the bands in the OP,s list.

I like country music...Dolly Parton Kenny Rodgers etc.

But i also like Whitney Houston, UB40, MIKA, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd, Meat Loaf, Queen, Gnarls Barclay, Kylie,Westlife.

Loads really, all different. I like some of Leona Lewis...but not all...

Dont like Opera though.

Very strange range....

Nickie
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Radiohead, Cinematic Orchestra, Arctic Monkeys, Amy Winehouse, a bit of doof doof, Faithless, Blur/Gorillaz.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

If you like a bit of folky, punky, Pogues mixed with the Levellers type stuff then check out Melbourne band The Go Set. They are awesome...and a great craic live.
There's a few videos of them up on YouTube and on their website www.thegoset.com.au
They play live around melbourne quite a bit and have been doing really well at various festivals this year. They'll be playing the St Kilda festival next month and Port Fairy.
They're also going to Europe later in the year and will be playing in London!
Well worth checking out...they will not disappoint

Edit: You can actually find some vids at their myspace site, not their main site, but there's a link to their myspace site from the main site.

Last edited by DianneH68; Jan 12th 2008 at 10:25 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:12 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DianneH68
If you like a bit of folky, punky, Pogues mixed with the Levellers type stuff then check out Melbourne band The Go Set. They are awesome...and a great craic live.
There's a few videos of them up on YouTube and on their website www.thegoset.com.au
They play live around melbourne quite a bit and have been doing really well at various festivals this year. They'll be playing the St Kilda festival next month and Port Fairy.
They're also going to Europe later in the year and will be playing in London!
Well worth checking out...they will not disappoint
Thanks very much, sounds right up my alley

Getting into 'The Waifs' at the moment, not at all like the crusty rock hybrid you mention but good all the same ...
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:14 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

The Pogues and Levellers! Names from the grave, but seeing the levellers live was always awesome, Used to come out dripping TMI

Will check that link out, thanks.

Older stuff...Jam, Who, Wonderstuff, Cure (fave all time) Levellers--- Matt had Belly on today, enjoyed that along with Catatonia.

For the now am loving the Foo fighters, placebo, Chilies, Muse, The Used, Taking back Sunday, Lost Prophets and also Snow Patrol who were Awesome live.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:54 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, The Smiths, Oasis, Faithless.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Glw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant futureGlw88 has a brilliant future

Me and my 'emo-ness' to some extent

Funeral For a Friend, Nine Black Alps, Ash, Fightstar, My Chemical Romance, Muse, Lostprophets, Biffy Clyro, Avenged Sevenfold
Old Jan 13th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Steps
Girls aloud
Sugar babes